Is this a good deal? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is this a good deal?

what happened to the grips and the mirrors?
Aren't they renthal grips? There are also bar end mirrors.

As for the price, I think it's an average kind of price. Not too high to laugh at, not too low to jump on.

If you don't mind the look of gladius, those can be had cheaper.

I own one and I wish more people rode them. I feel lonely.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Aren't they renthal grips? There are also bar end mirrors.

As for the price, I think it's an average kind of price. Not too high to laugh at, not too low to jump on.

If you don't mind the look of gladius, those can be had cheaper.

I own one and I wish more people rode them. I feel lonely.

I looked into the gladius. Not many on sale though. I just could not for the love of me get over the looks. It just felt wrong to me. I dont know how to describe it. Its the exact same bike, and I did sit on it and take a picture. It did not come out looking good. Plus the prices I saw were a few hundred to a 1000 cheaper than this deal, not worth it for me. (most were 2012 or 2014 10000+).

Btw, going offtopic but in Toronto, where do you guys look for bikes? I use kijiji and craigslist doesnt have ****.

I looked into the gladius. Not many on sale though. I just could not for the love of me get over the looks. It just felt wrong to me. I dont know how to describe it. Its the exact same bike, and I did sit on it and take a picture. It did not come out looking good. Plus the prices I saw were a few hundred to a 1000 cheaper than this deal, not worth it for me. (most were 2012 or 2014 10000+).

Btw, going offtopic but in Toronto, where do you guys look for bikes? I use kijiji and craigslist doesnt have ****.
Gladius can be made to look really nice with some effort. But then, by the time you spent the money and effort, it'll look close to gen3 sv650 anyways so gen3 sv650 would be better for you if you can't stand the stock look lol.

It's winter so I did notice that there aren't a lot of listings. You might just have to just set up kijiji notification and get lucky.
58348e5f85c9605ca55c2efec19636e1.jpg
3b5e31b0e98e296bc65ab89916ea0359.jpg

Kijiji used to be pretty good, then people started going crazy with the pricing, now ~98% of the bikes listed reflect the over-pricing that everybody else is looking for. Had a friend Jeff (now deceased) who bought and sold more motorcycles then you can imagine, he used to locate the old guys that had hoards of motorcycles and then watch the obituaries :| then he would drop by and cut a deal with the widow.
lol 6 people just read this and know the Jeff I am talking about.

The bike was purchased from chestermans power products out in tillsonburg in case anyone ever feels the need to buy a bike with leaking brakes and a worthless safety

The bike was purchased from chestermans power products out in tillsonburg in case anyone ever feels the need to buy a bike with leaking brakes and a worthless safety
Did you contact them for follow up? I can kind of imagine what they'll say.

Gladius can be made to look really nice with some effort. But then, by the time you spent the money and effort, it'll look close to gen3 sv650 anyways so gen3 sv650 would be better for you if you can't stand the stock look lol.

It's winter so I did notice that there aren't a lot of listings. You might just have to just set up kijiji notification and get lucky.
58348e5f85c9605ca55c2efec19636e1.jpg
3b5e31b0e98e296bc65ab89916ea0359.jpg

Nice. That gladius does look like a 2017 SV. How much did you spend on it?

Nice. That gladius does look like a 2017 SV. How much did you spend on it?

Black one's not mine.

The white one is. I bought used and it came with extra goodies (belly pan, fender extender, rear seat cowl, tire fender) that probably cost original owner close to 1k.

For the non-essential mods, off top of my head, I spent roughly

150 for headlight + signals
100 for tail tidy
300 for exhaust
50 for handlebar + mirrors
250 for corbin seat
300 for suspension
20 for heated grips
+ countless labour hours

Probably another 200 for tools and bunch of smaller things.

Wow... Writing this down makes me realize how next time, I should buy something that I like visually stock.

Did you contact them for follow up? I can kind of imagine what they'll say.

Texted the mechanic, dont think I will be hearing back, in any event, unless they write me a cheque to cover the cost of the work that I will do, I doubt there's anything they can do to fix the issue, will cost me more gas to go there and back than Im willing to spend, and I dont trust their 'mechanic'

Black one's not mine.

The white one is. I bought used and it came with extra goodies (belly pan, fender extender, rear seat cowl, tire fender) that probably cost original owner close to 1k.

For the non-essential mods, off top of my head, I spent roughly

150 for headlight + signals
100 for tail tidy
300 for exhaust
50 for handlebar + mirrors
250 for corbin seat
300 for suspension
20 for heated grips
+ countless labour hours

Probably another 200 for tools and bunch of smaller things.

Wow... Writing this down makes me realize how next time, I should buy something that I like visually stock.

LOL... na stock would never do it for you. You sound like you like tinkering too much. Is the corbin seat worth upgrading? for like 2hr+ rides? Which exhaust you using?

Texted the mechanic, dont think I will be hearing back, in any event, unless they write me a cheque to cover the cost of the work that I will do, I doubt there's anything they can do to fix the issue, will cost me more gas to go there and back than Im willing to spend, and I dont trust their 'mechanic'
Texting was maybe not the best idea, you should have sent an e-mail and cc'd the MTO. That would have got their attention.
(with photos)

LOL... na stock would never do it for you. You sound like you like tinkering too much. Is the corbin seat worth upgrading? for like 2hr+ rides? Which exhaust you using?
Maybe not. But my previous bikes didn't see that much mod.

Corbin is worth it if you can find a good deal used. I paid 250 for used seat. Brand new (500-600), I don't think they're worth it. I've done 700km all day rides on both stock and corbin. Corbin does help a lot but I don't know about $600 much. Either way, I was sore at the end of the day.

I own a 2019 SV and the stock seat is brutal - hard, low and the shape doesn't really allow you to move around much on longer rides. The optional seat (stock on the SV650X) isn't much better from what I've read on forums. Another option is Bagster which can be ordered through Silverstone Motor (both in France). Pricing (after delivery and customs) is probably comparable to Corbin - I've found quality to be excellent and definitely more comfortable than stock. I like that it adds a little bit of height too.

Last edited:
I have spare banjos and crush washers free for pickup if thats your issue. what bike is it and why are they leaking?

Just got off the phone with the owner, hes was all too eager to pass the buck "well we had an independent shop do the safety bla bla bla its not our fault"

spend the entire time trivializing leaking brakes and a worthless safety "well at least you still had the rear brake in-case you rode it home!"
or "well its an older bike what did you expect?"
but was upset that I left a negative review on google

Spend the entire time arguing with me instead of accepting responsibility for a **** up
when a simple 'our bad' could have sufficed.

I Couldn't care less about a few bucks I have to spend on parts, but just wanted to make sure this doesnt happen to someone else in the future where an unsuspecting rider takes safety at face value and decides to ride it home.

smfh :mad:

Last edited:
do you need those reflectors for safety? I got hassled about it once but they gave me the safety
For night riding safety I think yes. Manufacturers require they are added for vehicle import and sale here, you won't find a new motorcycle intended for street use that does not have them. The convention of yellow side marker lamps or retroreflectors on the front of the vehicle and red side marker lamps or retroreflectors to the rear aids other drivers to ascertain your direction of travel. Being seen while riding at night is a good thing and I honestly can't imagine a valid reason to remove all the side reflectors considering they might even save your life some night. You could replace the round dots with tape that has similar reflective properties and I believe that works equally well. HTA sets fines for not having side markers on commercial sized vehicles but I'm uncertain if the law carries to all vehicles in Ontario or other provinces. If I was a mechanic and signing that safety declaration every vehicle would need them and I would be taking photos of every bike I inspected as a cya measure. Certified mechanics that conduct the mandated safety inspection can and have been the subject of law suits and or fines subsequent to fatal accidents that occur within the 36 day time frame of the inspection.
For a mechanic or the mechanics employer to trivialize the importance of functioning brakes as they have in bigpoppa's case is an outrage, functioning brakes with absolutely no hydraulic leaks is one of the highest priority items required by the inspection. The dealerships best defence would have been to maintain the damage must have occurred during transport subsequent to leaving their shop.

Back
Top Bottom