Is there a male loneliness epidemic? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is there a male loneliness epidemic?

Jampy00

Site Supporter
Interesting video.
As someone who spends much of their time alone, I can understand the struggle. But, I also come from the generation where you just suck it up and carry on.

Interesting video.
As someone who spends much of their time alone, I can understand the struggle. But, I also come from the generation where you just suck it up and carry on.
Horse pucky. The british guy as the president of "The American Institute for Boys and Men" and it goes downhill from there. "Physical education is important for everyone but especially boys and men". wtf. Must be a slow news day.

EDIT:
The more time I have to be lonely, the more time I have to ride. Hard to be lonely while riding.

Last edited:
This is spot on and timely. We can address gender equality as well as address specific gender issues at the same time. It does seem to be we can only address those who have been marginalized historically and as soon as you mention man, male or white, the blinders and ear muffs are put on.

Thanks for sharing.

PS, I’m a father of daughters and I was raised as the only male in the house. Dad died when I was 9 and have two younger sisters. Nothing but respect for women. At the same time, I’ve felt the weight of judgment for being a white male with so called privilege. Everyone has been a victim of someone else. You have to equip people with critical thinking skills to work their way through it. Also helps to know how to defend yourself. 😉

This is spot on and timely. We can address gender equality as well as address specific gender issues at the same time. It does seem to be we can only address those who have been marginalized historically and as soon as you mention man, male or white, the blinders and ear muffs are put on.

Thanks for sharing.

PS, I’m a father of daughters and I was raised as the only male in the house. Dad died when I was 9 and have two younger sisters. Nothing but respect for women. At the same time, I’ve felt the weight of judgment for being a white male with so called privilege. Everyone has been a victim of someone else. You have to equip people with critical thinking skills to work their way through it. Also helps to know how to defend yourself. 😉
Great Reply.

While I take any video with a grain a salt, I think there is some merit to trying to better understand loneliness and its effects on people.

Last edited:
Get a dog , learn to BBQ , invite some people from work / the dog park/ even cousins and tell them to bring friends , because you know how to BBQ . You are lonely because for 5 decades women have been promoted around you , because it’s good optics . Yes some of them are really smart , and some just wore a skirt . It equality, and women have told you to be soft and even a bit feminine. And now you have no one to hang out with because the other guys stand when they pee and you’re making it awkward . Grow a pair and cook some steak .

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Laughs in introvert.

My circle of friends is very, very small, and I'm perfectly OK with that as the amount of people I enjoy talking to or physically being around for any length of time is also very small. Other introverts will totally get it. If you have an introvert friend and they want to hang, well, you're a select audience.

This is complete happyness to me and I could do this for weeks or months at a time, just being alone.

1709853784331.png

Well, that, and a good internet connection to go along with it so I can debate stupid things with strangers online while I'm doing introvert things lol.

@PrivatePilot I posted this a few weeks ago...

View attachment 66451

So true. But I don't really have the lonliness issue - of course, my wife is always present most of the time so there's that, but she gets me and knows that big social events are kryptonite to me. We keep our circle small and we certainly hang with friends, but like I said, that circle of friends is select. I can do social stuff, but then I need to hide away and have recharge time. It's probably one of the reasons I got into the commercial transportation industry (long periods of solo time behind the wheel are part of the job), and also enjoy long distance motorcycle riding - alone time is zen time.

Horse pucky. The british guy as the president of "The American Institute for Boys and Men" and it goes downhill from there. "Physical education is important for everyone but especially boys and men". wtf. Must be a slow news day.

EDIT:
The more time I have to be lonely, the more time I have to ride. Hard to be lonely while riding.
To the guys that have trouble finding a date: Stop acting like jerk. A lot of women today don't consider themselves spinsters at 23 YO. They would rather do without than be a doormat or replacement mommy.

Solo rides are the best therapy. Eat, sleep, ride and pee on your own schedule.

This complete lack of empathy is part of the problem.

“Grow up”
“Grow some stones”
“Man up”

What a bunch of testosterone-ridden horse sh*t.
You do need to grow up. You do need to get a thicker skin.

Life is fkn hard. The sooner you learn that, the better off you will be. ( ballers in the chat need not apply )

The current belief that masculinity is bad, is just wrong.

Back
Top Bottom