Is There a Decent Mesh Jacket For Hot Weather? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is There a Decent Mesh Jacket For Hot Weather?

Hardwrkr13

Site Supporter
I love my current coat as it has excellent protection but above 26c it's too warm. I've been looking at mesh coats just for hot days (realistically just a few day-rides a year) and everything from cheap HWK to the expensive stuff. Is there a decent protection option jacket for hot weather riding?

You might look at the Motoport that Shane is selling if you're the right size:

They're down in the States and expensive:

Supposed to be good protection.

I wear a Rev'IT! AirWave jacket, flows a lot of air.

I tend to overheat whenever I do anything physical - walking, playing sports, riding a motorcycle. End up sweating like a pig. But the AirWave flows enough air to cool me down even in 40+C weather.

I also have an older Dainese mesh jacket, I don't think they sell that model any more, it's also pretty good, but doesn't have as many pockets as the REV'IT!, so it gets used for shorter rides.

If size L fits you, I have one of these in black, new with tags.
$200.

I have a Klim mesh and a Macna both are really good, but keep in mind when it gets around 30, you're going to be hot in a t-shirt.

If you dont mind the large advertising that ICON puts on their stuff. They have a mesh jacket that also incorporates leather in the criticla areas. Plus you can get it in white. I have been looking for a good mesh jacket also. Never understood why most of them only come in dark colors. If the whole point is to wear it in hotter conditions. You would think lighter colors are better. Especially if you are doing alot of urban city stop and go type riding.

Are you American fit? If so, try the Klim Induction. I was pretty impressed when I saw this. Too bad it doesn't fit me at all.

20264982_10159104252100506_1347879561397220689_n.jpg

My personal experience with the Scorpion Vortex Air has been great, although not crash tested. I looked for a LONG time to find a mesh jacket with both velcro cuff adjustment as well as zippers for fast on/off. It's completely mesh except for the shoulder and elbow patches. Where it looks like only a little mesh across the chest and on the inside of the arms, that's just the loose weave mesh. The rest of the jacket is all fine mesh, with the only solid patches being on the shoulders and elbows for more abrasion resistance. Black is fine when riding, but gets warm when not moving. Wish they made the silver with silver shoulder and elbows, but I guess nothing is perfect.

VortexAirJktBlkBlkBlk-Fnt-1000x1000.png

Are you American fit? If so, try the Klim Induction. I was pretty impressed when I saw this. Too bad it doesn't fit me at all.

20264982_10159104252100506_1347879561397220689_n.jpg
Klim stuff (in my experience) doesn't not fit the average North American body shape (festively plump) very well...

I wear a Rev'IT! AirWave jacket, flows a lot of air.

+1 for Rev'IT!, I've been on the lookout for one of their jackets since I hear good things about airflow. GP Bikes recently had a promo for a free back protector with most Rev'IT! jacket purchases. I think I missed it, sitting on the fence for too long...

If you dont mind the large advertising that ICON puts on their stuff.

This right here ^^^ (good gear, just the branding...)

My personal experience with the Scorpion Vortex Air has been great,...

That looks nice, simple, clean, all the different adjustments point are a plus. It's on sale at GP Bikes for $234, may need to stop by this week.

Klim stuff (in my experience) doesn't not fit the average North American body shape (festively plump) very well...

That's how it's been traditionally described, and when I tried it on I agreed. Very boxy cut, so to get my shoulders to fit, the arms and torso were too long and baggy.

Have you tried an evaporative vest that you soak with ice water? It works well for an hour or so.
Anything is an evaporative vest if wet enough :ROFLMAO:. Last August I remember getting off the 400, on the way back from Grundy Lake, just to buy a small bottle of water and pour it on myself. Worked a treat between Perry Sound and and Barrie.

That looks nice, simple, clean, all the different adjustments point are a plus. It's on sale at GP Bikes for $234, may need to stop by this week.

Check with them first if you want to see it in person. Many of their sizes are only in stock at their distributor, not in store. Also only black available, if that matters. Going by their web site...

Check with them first if you want to see it in person. Many of their sizes are only in stock at their distributor, not in store. Also only black available, if that matters. Going by their web site...

By the way, the nice thing about Scorpion is that GP's no HST sales apply on top of the sale price, so you could potentially get it for no tax as well if a sale comes up again (which they seem to regularly). And free shipping.

Anything is an evaporative vest if wet enough :ROFLMAO:. Last August I remember getting off the 400, on the way back from Grundy Lake, just to buy a small bottle of water and pour it on myself. Worked a treat between Perry Sound and and Barrie.
I was in the US in early June a few years ago and was so hot, not even a mesh jacket it was a Joe Rocket and I did the soaked shirt and helmet. The next McDonald stop I took out the camel back and filled it with ice and put it in the back pad holder against the skin. It kept me cool even when I wasn’t moving.

Back
Top Bottom