Is Suzuki of Newmarket still bad? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is Suzuki of Newmarket still bad?

GSPLover

Site Supporter
I knew in the past that SON had a bad reputation...... The posts I have seen regarding them are from around 2011. Have they improved?
I have also been to SOB but I find the sales people very pushy.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Afaik SoN is the same entity it was back in the day. At the Jan Supershow they were selling an 06 R6S as an R6 and the sales guys me and my buddy talked to both lied through their teeth.

They also own the 407 and Yonge Suzuki now

From what I recall they are ok to buy but not for service

I used Suzuki of Newmarket to get the best price I could find anywhere, and then took that price to Ready Suzuki and got them to match it.

Dealt with SON to buy a bike at the January show. Sales team were great and have had the bike serviced there. No issues. Would go back again.

I played the Suzuki dealers off each other at the Jan 2008 bike show. SoN got to the point where I no longer believed them (offers of free delivery to Niagara, etc etc.), SoB got my order.

This was in 2008 though...

I have been waiting 3 weeks for a $5 breather hose for a 2012 bike. I called in after 2 weeks and wasted an hour of my life while their parts dept tried to locate my order. They promised to call me the next day as they "should see the part tomorrow" but never did. That was a week ago.

Prior to that it took 3 visits to get the correct wheel bearing kit for a 2008 gsxr 600 (fairly common bike isn't it?).

I go there for nothing important or time critical.

You decide.

Terrible.

Ordered some mirrors and a manual as a BD present. Assured me it would be here on time.

First call (3 weeks later) they had no clue what I was talking about.
Second call they found the order but "backordered"
Third call (another two weeks) I said something like how can you operate like this? And got hung up on.
Immediately called back to talk to manager. No one avail they said. They will get back to you.

It's been another 3 weeks at least....I would never recommend them to anyone, and I do get asked a lot for bike shop recommendations.

Asselstines had it in my hand in 4 days.

Don't walk away, RUN!

Seriously...

This is a dealership that can't even put on a wheel the correct way :lmao:

I have had zero problems with them.
*disclaimer - I have never ordered anything from them nor do I intend to.

Ive been dealing with Dan at SON.

Thoughts?

I've bought several bikes from Dan, new and used. You likely saw every one of them. Never a problem, notta one.
He wants your CC for a deposit. He's a salesman, that's what they do so they can feed their families etc etc.
If you have 'cash back' or any other incentives, put down as much as he'll let you on you CC. Simple.

I can't speak for their service - I've never needed any dealer service.

I've got a friend who went there to buy a bike. It was used and to be sold road worthy etc etc. He goes to pick it up, there's some lights out, speedo didn't work and I forget what else. He ended up getting his money back and dealing with Brampton. I bought my new one in Brampton as well. Ian is a stand up guy and made it a very painless deal. :thumbup:

Heard they have some of the best prices....tried ordering brake pads and a battery from them...waste of time. Their accessories dept. is excellent with awesome staff....well, at least Amazon is.

I bought a new bike from there (knowing their history), I dealt with Dan and he was good- not pushy and he actually rides...
Service...Okay, so I buy a brand new bike and it was about time for a 1000km service. I was told when I purchased it that they would get me a spot available no problem regardless of how busy they were. This wasn't the case, I ended up having to go to SoR and getting my service done-It wasn't a far ride but they didn't hold true to their word.
Parts & accessories are good, they matched some prices I had and the parts that I ordered arrived really quick.
My overall experience...Yeah I would buy from there again, just do your research before you walk in there.

Purchased a new DL 650 Vstrom From Dan not a single issue . New OEM lowered seat, New OEM hand guards, Service Manual, Oil etc Good people. I service my own bike.

The general consensus (was) is its a good place to buy a bike, but take it elsewhere for service.

Sounds like the only reason SON are still solvent is due to Amazon being there. Bought my bike from there back in 2006, what a bunch of thieves and liars. The original price quoted sounded great, till later. Bike was a demo, never told me. Dodgy business. Look at it this way, they are car sales people. `nough said.

The general consensus (was) is its a good place to buy a bike, but take it elsewhere for service.

I'd say not. This thread alone is 50/50 on whether to buy there.
Service and parts a seem to be a huge issue.

Sounds like the only reason SON are still solvent is due to Amazon being there. Bought my bike from there back in 2006, what a bunch of thieves and liars. The original price quoted sounded great, till later. Bike was a demo, never told me. Dodgy business. Look at it this way, they are car sales people. `nough said.

Her username is Amazon, not Wonder Woman. She's been a manager for what? 10 days?

As my daddy used to say; you can't polish a turd.

Back
Top Bottom