Is making a complaint to FSCO helpful? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is making a complaint to FSCO helpful?

Motorcycle Mike

I still have a situation going on with Portage la Prairie Insurance through Haber Blain Brokerage in Burlington.

July of last year my spouse got her G2, and I reported it to the brokerage immediately. A week later I got a premium increase endorsement which included adding her to the policy which I paid off. I then asked the brokerage if I should be expecting any more bills as I made a few changes, and the response was just one for $59 for adding comprehensive coverage to your policy and that's it.

Fast forward 11 months and last week I get a bill stating I owe $369. I challenged the brokerage with proof of my payments in hand, but they claim that the $369 is owed for adding my spouse on to the policy.

I asked them, if that is the case then why am I just getting the bill now, especially after I sought and received clearance that there would be no more additions 11 months previously? They claimed that Portage sent me two bills but received no payment - and I certainly did not receive any such bills.

In my last email to Haber Blain I asked for them to provide their position in writing and for the contact information of their FSCO complaint officer.

Do you think FSCO will be do anything for a situation like this, or am I could to be stuck with this bill?

I still have a situation going on with Portage la Prairie Insurance through Haber Blain Brokerage in Burlington.

July of last year my spouse got her G2, and I reported it to the brokerage immediately. A week later I got a premium increase endorsement which included adding her to the policy which I paid off. I then asked the brokerage if I should be expecting any more bills as I made a few changes, and the response was just one for $59 for adding comprehensive coverage to your policy and that's it.

Fast forward 11 months and last week I get a bill stating I owe $369. I challenged the brokerage with proof of my payments in hand, but they claim that the $369 is owed for adding my spouse on to the policy.

I asked them, if that is the case then why am I just getting the bill now, especially after I sought and received clearance that there would be no more additions 11 months previously? They claimed that Portage sent me two bills but received no payment - and I certainly did not receive any such bills.

In my last email to Haber Blain I asked for them to provide their position in writing and for the contact information of their FSCO complaint officer.

Do you think FSCO will be do anything for a situation like this, or am I could to be stuck with this bill?

As long as you have proof. Try to call the insurance company directly and explain your position as well send them the proof. Try to contact the ombudsman of the corporation too.

I agree with LiNK666 -- first try to work it out with the insurer, and if not successful, contact the ombudsman.

Back
Top Bottom