Is it time for new boots? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is it time for new boots?

Mango Rider

Currently been using the AStars SMX-1, for I want to say about 3 years, bought them at a Supershow from GP for under $190 all in, real comfy. Give or take 6 months I guess. They've been good to me, using them to ride to and from work, riding in the rain, walking in them throughout the riding days (if I rode the bike at all that day) from late March to some times in December, snow varying. They look like this now:
HHkQCkI.jpg

Although the rigidity of the boots feel in tact, I was surprised to find some cracks on both boots, the right one has been there for almost a year, but the left one cracked very suddenly and aggressively today after a short ride around the city. I'm probably gonna keep using them until the cracks start getting more substantial, 1/2 across the boot or something.

Any recommendations for all day comfort moto boots? Ventilation is more important than waterproof/goretex, but neither are essential. I've become less a fan of laces as time has gone on, lazy ass. Prolly head to GP and do a fun trying on of stuff later this month after some feedback. I tried something on at the Feb show in TO that was a show special and liked it, but I completely forgot what it was...

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Not for me it wouldn't be,
zipper boots, they probably leak anyway don't they?

Currently been using the AStars SMX-1, for I want to say about 3 years, bought them at a Supershow from GP for under $190 all in, real comfy. Give or take 6 months I guess. They've been good to me, using them to ride to and from work, riding in the rain, walking in them throughout the riding days (if I rode the bike at all that day) from late March to some times in December, snow varying. They look like this now:
HHkQCkI.jpg

Although the rigidity of the boots feel in tact, I was surprised to find some cracks on both boots, the right one has been there for almost a year, but the left one cracked very suddenly and aggressively today after a short ride around the city. I'm probably gonna keep using them until the cracks start getting more substantial, 1/2 across the boot or something.

Any recommendations for all day comfort moto boots? Ventilation is more important than waterproof/goretex, but neither are essential. I've become less a fan of laces as time has gone on, lazy ass. Prolly head to GP and do a fun trying on of stuff later this month after some feedback. I tried something on at the Feb show in TO that was a show special and liked it, but I completely forgot what it was...

Some black Tarp Tape will fix those right up .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not saying I *know* they're good otherwise, but it looks like the bit that's cracking is just the shifter pad. You could safely improvise something to serve the same function... or take it to a modern day cobbler (if any key-cutting / shoe repair kiosks have survived COVID-19). From what I can see in the pictures, the rest of the boots still *look* pretty good.

That said, I would be a bit annoyed about a new pair of boots coming apart after only 3 seasons

@Mango Rider

PM me if you’re interested in a brand new pair of Goretex boots.
I have a pair that I bought and am not going to use.

Rob

A*'s = junk. Daytona or Dainese for a good boot.You get what you pay for.

I think this will do the trick.

If the rest of the boots are still OK I would just do a repair on them.
After all they are worn for function and not style. They are there to protect and not look fancy like dress shoes.

1591754378717.png

I've never worn Dainese, but I do really like my Daytona's

I really wanted to like a pair after reading good reviews.
They few different ones I tried just didn't fit me well. Either too loose, or too tight/small. :(

Thanks for the recommendations folks. May look into the shoe goo or the boot fixy stuff first, see how long or how well the repair lasts. Afterwards think about getting new or lightly used boots. I do like these boots, but I don't think I would get another pair if they weren't on a real good sale or something.
@robertv19 not sure what price you're looking for, but also I'm a EUR 44, which seems your boot offer is a little short unfortunately.
I may look into Dainese boots tbh in the future. Yeah- I use these boots for function (riding/fall protection) but comfort and style are also important to me as they are my regular outdoor shoes during riding season.

I got these start of last season, and I can't praise them enough. METROPOLIS D-WP SHOES
They're great on the bike, and they pass as normal street shoes off.... I've surprised people when I tell them they're riding shoes. Wore them traipsing around the forest in Monday when I was charging too. Super comfy.
I know you don't want laces (don't blame you, I had the same boots as you before these for the same reason), so chalk this up more as a vote in favour of Dainese.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I got these start of last season, and I can't praise them enough. METROPOLIS D-WP SHOES
They're great on the bike, and they pass as normal street shoes off.... I've surprised people when I tell them they're riding shoes. Wore them traipsing around the forest in Monday when I was charging too. Super comfy.
I know you don't want laces (don't blame you, I had the same boots as you before these for the same reason), so chalk this up more as a vote in favour of Dainese.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk
yessss looking to replace mine, mucho gracias

My Dianese Torques have lasted but have not been worn much since I got my BMW Allround (Gortex) boots about 5 years ago

I know the Torques provide better protection and would wear them more if they were Gortex

I use the BMW Allround for touring and day long trips where there is a possibility of rain.

Highly thanks recommend both

Thanks for the recommendations folks. May look into the shoe goo or the boot fixy stuff first, see how long or how well the repair lasts. Afterwards think about getting new or lightly used boots. I do like these boots, but I don't think I would get another pair if they weren't on a real good sale or something.
@robertv19 not sure what price you're looking for, but also I'm a EUR 44, which seems your boot offer is a little short unfortunately.
I may look into Dainese boots tbh in the future. Yeah- I use these boots for function (riding/fall protection) but comfort and style are also important to me as they are my regular outdoor shoes during riding season.

@Mango Rider
These boots fit on the larger side, but maybe only one size worth. Eg. a 43 would likely fit you, but probably not the 42.

Good luck in your search!

Cheers

Rob

How are Forma boots? I hear they are popular in europe

@Mango Rider
These boots fit on the larger side, but maybe only one size worth. Eg. a 43 would likely fit you, but probably not the 42.

Good luck in your search!

Cheers

Rob
Can you specify what model you have

Back
Top Bottom