Is it blue book or declared amount | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is it blue book or declared amount

Hi,

Haven't owned a motorcycle in 7 or so years. Has anyone registered a used motorcycle this year? Just bought a 2020 private sale and the UVP has a stated value on it that it says the tax will be charged on. Is this a new thing?

The UVIP has an estimated value on it for a bike? That is news to me, could you show a picture? (Only if you can obscure/remove any sensitive info)

Hi,

Haven't owned a motorcycle in 7 or so years. Has anyone registered a used motorcycle this year? Just bought a 2020 private sale and the UVP has a stated value on it that it says the tax will be charged on. Is this a new thing?
That is new uvip has never had a motorcycle value before. I guess tax is now on that value or purchase price whichever is more.

Sent from my Chesterfield using my thumbs

i just bought a new bike, date of uvip 21/03/30
has the same text but ends with: 'At the date above, average values for this vehicle are not available,'
rare bikes ftw?

I'd sure be interested in seeing a photo of the UVIP that shows a value because as others have said, that'd be a first.

Who knows, perhaps all the "Yes maam, I did buy that 2019 Harley Ultraglide for $100" people have finally caused the ministry to start actually pulling book values.

I'd sure be interested in seeing a photo of the UVIP that shows a value because as others have said, that'd be a first.

Who knows, perhaps all the "Yes maam, I did buy that 2019 Harley Ultraglide for $100" people have finally caused the ministry to start actually pulling book values.
He posted the photo above. All info other than the price is cropped so it could be for a car but I have no reason to believe he would play those games.

Whoops, my bad, thought it was a reply from someone else...the default "Big letter" avatars all blend into one another sometimes.

Curious indeed. Wouldn't be surprised this has happened for reasons I covered in my earlier response. Many people *cough* were creative with values of used bikes, some stretched far more than others in that respect.

Personally I don't think we should be paying full hit on taxes for a vehicle that has already had taxes paid once already, but that's another argument I guess. Government gonna do what government gonna do.

I bought and registered my SV in Nov 2020, private sale. The UVIP says the same as below. I wonder what motorcycle OP is getting...
i just bought a new bike, date of uvip 21/03/30
has the same text but ends with: 'At the date above, average values for this vehicle are not available,'
rare bikes ftw?

I am assuming because the bike is a 2020 model. I just received my uvip yesterday in the mail (remember I said I ordered it and it's still $20)
and it has "not available" My bike is a 2015. Maybe all bikes one or 2 years old will have that from now on.

I am assuming because the bike is a 2020 model. I just received my uvip yesterday in the mail (remember I said I ordered it and it's still $20)
and it has "not available" My bike is a 2015. Maybe all bikes one or 2 years old will have that from now on.

You might be right, mine was a 2016. current and last year bike values might not vary much especially with new ones still on dealer floors. Anything older than that market value can change significantly specially with less common bikes.

who provided the UVIP? get another UVIP yourself (not at the same place)
I would be shocked if that made a difference.

Wholesale at msrp on a used bike is dirty. If I'm paying for an appraisal to change a bs government number, the bike is as-is, unknown issues.

ya I don't know what's going on. Anyone know where i can get it appraised. This is like paying tax on a new bike.
Any appraiser can do it. Normally costs ~250. That's why an appraisal for 14K doesnt really help you. If, on the other hand your bike may have some issues, the appraisal will be much lower.

Back
Top Bottom