Is Burlington Cycle OK? (service dept) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Is Burlington Cycle OK? (service dept)

Freddy F

Site Supporter
Need to have my brake switch replaced due to factory recall (would prefer to do it myself but probably can't just get the part from a dealer)
Burlington Cycle is the closest option, are these guys OK? TIA.

Need to have my brake switch replaced due to factory recall (would prefer to do it myself but probably can't just get the part from a dealer)
Burlington Cycle is the closest option, are these guys OK? TIA.
Hmmmm?? for a Yammy?

Snow City on Kennedy @401 can do service.

Burlington Cycle is a Yamaha dealer and I've used them to have OEM heated grips installed...they were fine for that...there's also Kelly's Cycle Centre in Hamilton where I bought the bike (they're a 5 star certified Yamaha dealer) but not sure what their service is like...

Burlington Cycle is a Yamaha dealer and I've used them to have OEM heated grips installed...they were fine for that...there's also Kelly's Cycle Centre in Hamilton where I bought the bike (they're a 5 star certified Yamaha dealer) but not sure what their service is like...
Thank you...Kelly's would be my backup plan if BC can't do it while I wait, its supposed to take an hour or less.

Kelly quoted me $300 for oil and oil filter change for the R3....

Thanks for the reminder, I should get around to having mine replaced too.

Kelly's did my FJR recall work... Transmission and brake switch... No complaints
Well... They did "forget" to re install both the gas tank vent hose and the air box vent hose. I picked them up and just put them in myself.
'Took me six minutes.

Kelly's did my FJR recall work... Transmission and brake switch... No complaints
Well... They did "forget" to re install both the gas tank vent hose and the air box vent hose. I picked them up and just put them in myself.
'Took me six minutes.
See, now I'd be very ****** off about something like that. You always double check your work before considering it done, if you don't, you're not a good technician.

See, now I'd be very ****** off about something like that. You always double check your work before considering it done, if you don't, you're not a good technician.

Y'see... My expectations are sooooo low when it comes to "service" from any type of business that it didn't really bother me.
I guess you could look at it like... "OMG if they forgot to do this simple thing, what else did they screw up?!"
Or...
Wow... They paid so much attention and were so careful with the important parts of this job that they simply forgot about these minor details..."

In order to sleep at night I'm going with the latter.

If it was full-synthetic oil, genuine filter and a general inspection at the same time that price isn't really out of line.
Pretty sure I paid close to that for oil service at maranello.

Agreed. Just the Synth oil(s) for and filter for my HD was close to 150 after taxes.

It supposedly a free market...
Kelly's could quote $600 for an oil change...
You're not obligated to have them do it.

If it was full-synthetic oil, genuine filter and a general inspection at the same time that price isn't really out of line.
They use yamaha's in-house "yamalube".

I just find it expensive but I suppose I am comparing to an oil change on a car. dealerships don't charge that much for basic services.

With that said, I got to see Kelly's garage when I was picking up my bike and it was so clean , professional looking and organized. It inspires confidence compared to some other garages I have seen.

Reactions: TK4

I did not need to see that..Lol.

*I remember going to the shop to pick up the vent hoses they forgot to re install...
'Sevice manager asked me I'd he had shown me the photos of my bike being worked on... I said... "no, I dont want to see those..." Lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom