IRC Road Winner RX-01 Tires Any know anything? | GTAMotorcycle.com

IRC Road Winner RX-01 Tires Any know anything?

OEM tires on CBR250, later CBR125, possibly Ninja 300. They're not terrible, but not great, either. The rubber seems to harden up and crack before many people wear them out.

Had them on my little 125 commuter. They aren't horrible. Hard compound, but handled surprisingly well on the bike. Put 15,000+KM on them in a season and still had a ton of tread left.

Had them on my CBR250...got 17,000km out of them before I replaced them last season. Felt good for me but I don't have the experience riding as some of the members here. Good grip in dry, and fair grip in rain.

Went to another tire simply because I wanted to give something else a shot and I'm very happy.

I had them on my old 250r as original tires. They were fine. More than good enough for the average city type riding. Changed them after 12,000 kms. The rear was getting squared off and I noticed the braking performance getting worse over time.

Overall I was satisified with their performance.

I remember them being OK in dry conditions, but absolutely terrible in wet .... I was glad to get rid of them for something better which was not that easy in a given size.

There are PLENTY of options available...

Michelin just released a brand new radial designed specifically for the 250/300s

I would not say plenty .. .there's a couple perhaps not counting IRC .... Europe has more options.

You are referring to this?

http://motorcycle.michelinman.com/tires/michelin-pilot-street-radial#dim

110 and 140 .. yep seems to be the right size. Doesn't seem to be available yet in Canada?

Pirelli SportDemons
Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
Bridgestone BT-45's
Bridgestone BT-016
Bridgestone BT-003RS
Dunlop GT501
Michelin Pilot Activ (Discontinued but they still have stock sitting around)
Michelin Pilot Street
Michelin Pilot Power (If you're ok running a 150 rear)
Metzeler Lasertec
Avon Roadrider

still not enough options? These are all tires that are available here and I've personally used a handful of them. And yes, as Mau said the Pilot Street's are available now.

Forgot to add while IRC's are perfectly adequate for commuting and most riders I don't know why the hell anyone would actually pay for them...

Last edited:
have them on my ninja 300...poor traction in the cold....have to warm them up nicelly...squared off in less than 6000kms...still using them....leans are ok in warm weather...tires squirm under heavy accelaration coupled with lean...traction in rain is poor...

...as someone mentioned...great for commuting - ina straight ,dry ,warm road..

have them on my ninja 300...poor traction in the cold....have to warm them up nicelly...squared off in less than 6000kms...still using them....leans are ok in warm weather...tires squirm under heavy accelaration coupled with lean...traction in rain is poor...

...as someone mentioned...great for commuting - ina straight ,dry ,warm road..

lol "hard acceleration".

Didn't know those things accelerated hard! :p

lol "hard acceleration".

Didn't know those things accelerated hard! :p

0 - 100kmph under 5 secs ....don't know if tires were designed to handle this accelaration...

Pirelli SportDemons
Pirelli Diablo Rosso II
Bridgestone BT-45's
Bridgestone BT-016
Bridgestone BT-003RS
Dunlop GT501
Michelin Pilot Activ (Discontinued but they still have stock sitting around)
Michelin Pilot Street
Michelin Pilot Power (If you're ok running a 150 rear)
Metzeler Lasertec
Avon Roadrider

still not enough options? These are all tires that are available here and I've personally used a handful of them. And yes, as Mau said the Pilot Street's are available now.

Forgot to add while IRC's are perfectly adequate for commuting and most riders I don't know why the hell anyone would actually pay for them...

I looked at the few tires you posted, either they don't come in the size you posted or are no longer available ... Some of them are also decades old technology, not really meant for these bikes. I checked Pete's Superbike and don't see the new Michelin yet (can you post a link who has them?). I need 140 rear myself, and so far would only consider BT-003. Everything else is just not even close or a big compromise.

The 501's were amazing, but sadly exist no more. Plus they always cracked every winter. Bridgestones I have horrible memories with. And my bike is old so old technology is just fine lol

Thanks for all the input guys... I have not bought new tires but I did not buy the weird ones

had them on cbr250 and ninja 250. Scared the **** out of me in the rain a few times. Got Pirelli Diablo Rosso II and they were EONS ahead. Probably wouldn't last 10k, but felt so much safer for only a few dollars more.

I looked at the few tires you posted, either they don't come in the size you posted or are no longer available ... Some of them are also decades old technology, not really meant for these bikes. I checked Pete's Superbike and don't see the new Michelin yet (can you post a link who has them?). I need 140 rear myself, and so far would only consider BT-003. Everything else is just not even close or a big compromise.

They're all available with 110/70/17 fronts and 130/70/17,140/70/17 or 150/60/17 rear all which work great. I have 150's on a Ninja 250 and the 300/CBR 250 rims are slightly larger and take 140 stock so again 150 is no problem.

"Decades old technology not really meant for these bikes", LOL. Look at what they put on from the factory, obviously its good enough for a low end bike. These bikes believe it or not are old technology just packaged to make it look pretty. The Ninja 300 is a good update but its nowhere near 'new technology'.

Back
Top Bottom