Introducing Tenaci-Wong Canada | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Introducing Tenaci-Wong Canada

My primary reason for posting up the info about TW is not the price. Although it is a consideration obviously. My surprise is the build quality.
Regarding the politics. This is a mc forum.I try to stay away from that. Cheers.

Sadly we don't build trials bikes here, -> Mr. Bombardier, get on that will you!
Canada is a vast country rich in natural resources and has a very small citizenship.
Monoco is the richest country in the world per capita.
China? :/ how could they possibly be Canada's "#1 rival/enemy in the world economically"

Internationally the US is the obvious dominate economic power in the world,
their money is worth
.... holy $%^& look at the value of our dollar !

(y) 77 cents and rising <- See what a little bit of political stability can do for you! ?

The product is competing in a space against products from other countries with better labor and human rights standards, so while it may be true that some small number of Canadian jobs will be there - eventually jobs that support the products from other places will be lost.

"Who cares, I just want a cheap bike" - this sentiment may be the eventual reason why we lose out to other more draconian competitor nations. If you want to live somewhere with freedom it means exercising that freedom once in awhile to make good choices.

To each their own, but if you're doing well enough to have a choice - why not support products from a different place - my .02
While we all make choices, the way I understand it, we are not talking about a small difference in price here. This one is 5K, I think most of the competition is roughly double that (@Wingboy, @Trials am I correct?). If these prove that they can hold up, would I pick up a used one for 2K to play around on? Hell yeah. Will I get enough use out of a trials bike to pay 5 or 6 thousand for a used montessa/beta/ossa? Nope. For that much, I am not in the market. I am sure many others are in a similar situation.

Yes a new trialer is double. But the difference in components such as controls, brakes and suspension is considerable. A beginner or "fun" rider would never be able to take advantage of those improvments. A lot of riders will say that a used Spanish or Italian bike can be had for the same price, and that is true. But those bikes are often beat to crap by experts and usually too much (300cc) for a noob.
AND.... Some people like to buy new!

Is Not a competitive product to a Honda or TRS or even a Beta. Ossa is gone
You have to describe it as unique and my understanding is, this bike was created for the China market & people who aren't already riding trials bikes because they are too expensive. That's the bike and concept that is being imported by some local Canadiens.

For it to fly here, it will need to be cheap and supplied in great numbers, forget about bringing in parts.
Then tons of people need to want to get into riding trials bikes. That would probably do it.

... not sure I would consider any trials bike as too much for anybody,
Montesa 4-stroke of any displacement is a the easiest bike to ride for a beginner.

Is really nice out :| sure wish I had somebody to ride with
there is only so much my dog can do :(

ZE-UtgTZNGHL0qakV4tQVM9ZjgpGSh2gSwMWG_t9vYs.jpg

The build quality is immaterial - we should not be supporting our #1 rival/enemy in the world economically. We already do that involuntarily in many ways - in ways we have a choice...100% no.

I agree with you in principle.

China is not a "good guy" on the world stage, and is not hesitant to use it's economic power (which is inexorably entwined with the communist party and its goals) to get what it wants. The list of seriously crappy things it does/has done is easy to regurgitate, and it is worthwhile to note the 2 Canadian guys currently held for nearly a year.

Having said that, one could argue that this particular item doesn't have any direct competition from producers in liberal democracies so it wouldn't conflict with someone's political/principled position.

Personally, I wouldn't buy one even if I wanted an inexpensive trials bike. I will choose to do without based on my (and apparently your) principles.

Jane Philpott made a comment after losing her seat in the recent election that living by a set of principles can be expensive sometimes, but not having them will be costlier in the long run. Something along those lines anyways.

Would my denying myself a Tenaci-Wong trials bike matter to China, it's communist party, Tenaci-Wong, the dealer selling them here or the people on this forum? No, of course not. It just matters to me.

Holly shitballs and applesauce! Some guy on the other side of this pile of dirt we live on makes a decent dirt bike and you bring a 50 cent politician like Philpott into the mix.
Maybe it's just another choice, and not a communist plot.

And...back on topic.Work is currently underway on a road version.Final product will probably have tiny led lights etc.No idea on price or time.Be a great cottage bike.

whos roads? Cuba, Jamaica, Dominican, Mexico, South America, Africa ....

Same roads that your toy was designed to be on with its "pretend" road kit.
The TW200 is being sold right now in Aus,UK,Italy,France,Canada and the USA.

Why would you mention those other countries?

Because you can't blue plate a new Montesa here, but you can in those countries.
Has something to do with homologation.

... if the intention is to green plate it then you don't need signals and horns and speedometers etc.

The bike should be good for 200,00km if you look after it properly.

The bike might be good for your life time if you look after it properly.
the ones you give up on are the ones you have no use for any more.

... it's already a great cottage bike.

Last edited:
The product is competing in a space against products from other countries with better labor and human rights standards, so while it may be true that some small number of Canadian jobs will be there - eventually jobs that support the products from other places will be lost.

"Who cares, I just want a cheap bike" - this sentiment may be the eventual reason why we lose out to other more draconian competitor nations. If you want to live somewhere with freedom it means exercising that freedom once in awhile to make good choices.

To each their own, but if you're doing well enough to have a choice - why not support products from a different place - my .02
Do you advocate switching to a Japanese brand? How many Japanese motorcycles do we need to purchase before Japan allows us to sell a Made in Canada Honda Civic into Japan?

Do you advocate switching to a Japanese brand? How many Japanese motorcycles do we need to purchase before Japan allows us to sell a Made in Canada Honda Civic into Japan?

The poster's original point was rooted in the premise that where a product comes from matters sometimes, like when there's a viable competing product from a jurisdiction more politically or socially aligned with ours. In this case there isn't another cheap trials bike.

I read an article recently about how a, "Buy Canadian!" campaign falls on deaf ears while, "Buy American!" resonates and produces measurable results.

A sad fact in my opinion.

I was told there was a time when Honda execs in Japan would order their cars, on the Honda exec plan, they would order an Accord with a block heater. The only place Honda made cars with block heaters was Alliston.
The reason they put an end to it was the shipping costs.

Back
Top Bottom