internet | GTAMotorcycle.com

internet

JollyGreenGiant

Can someone recommend me an internet provider please (FAST, RELIABLE, GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE, REASONABLE PRICE).

purpose:
regular media consumption, emails, and light gaming.
(looking at 50-75 Mbps down/unlimited bandwidth - cable connection)

ps
it's for a friend, he already had Rogers, Bell, Teksavvy before, so please disregard those.

how is Carry Telecom and Acanac?

Thank you

Last edited:
Fido (although Rogers in sheep's clothing) ? Haven't used carrytel personally, but read quite a bit about it. It's not as great as robellus in terms of reliability. I think I read something about speeds not being consistent. Probably depends on area too.

FWIW, I'm with Rogers and haven't had any issues. Signed up for the 60mbps for $20/month deal for a year ... last year. Coming to an end next month, so gotta shop around myself.

Teksavvy was no bueno? Really? I've had them for over 4 years with only 1 half day of internet outage.

Teksavvy was no bueno? Really? I've had them for over 4 years with only 1 half day of internet outage.
I tried TekSavvy DSL for 3 months and it was horrendous. Between slow speeds, Internet always down, sending 3 different modems to try and fix the problem and the 2 hour wait on the phone for Tech support, I gave up. I had so many credits for time down, that the 3 months were basically free.

Hmm, well i've never had to call tech support.

Why choose DSL over Cable at this point? Just curious. Unless it's a network availability problem.

Sounds to me like your issue is with the cable, not the ISP. The actual cable belongs to Rogers, the other carriers are just resellers. If the cable is the root of the problem just switching to a different name as the provider won't fix it.

I'd agree, perhaps try a DSL option. Or if it's available, fibre.

Our church is on a cell plan, pay as you go with Bell, which might not work for you.

I thought churches used a less modern communication technique not reliant on modern technology?

Start.ca has been good for me but in my neck of the woods they are cogeco resellers.

start.ca

as reliable as TekSavvy
but a few dollars less
and much more under the radar

Hmm, well i've never had to call tech support.

Why choose DSL over Cable at this point? Just curious. Unless it's a network availability problem.

I was already on Bell DSL so I thought the change over would be painless.

I use www.modemoutlet.com

Been with them for 4 years and never had any problems, solid fast connection.

They have different deals all the time, looks like this month its 75 mbps unlimited for 29.99

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

how is Carry Telecom and Acanac?

Thank you

I use Carry Tel for both my business and had got my folks switch over to it. Carry Tel uses the Rogers network. Would recommend. Customer service is responsive. They even call you back a day or two later to follow up. Had issues with modem. They replaced it. But had to go all the way to the head office to get it checked out. The replaced it, even though they couldn't find anything wrong with it at the time.

For my home, use Beanfield. If your friend has access to them, I'd suggest Beanfield over Carry Tel.

If he is in a condominium, he should look into bell or rogers if there is FTTH (fibe or ignite) installed. I get 300Mbit up and down + tv for $45 all in with bell. Rogers has a deal going on 500Mbit for $29+ tax (so about 35 all in). These are usually condo deals. Carry Tel had 75Mbps for $29+ tax and fees so around 35, but didn't offer in my building.

Back
Top Bottom