Interesting driving lesson in cage | GTAMotorcycle.com

Interesting driving lesson in cage

I was wondering what that lesson would sound like if the instructor was with the average Toronto driver while on city streets.

Keep in lane, keep in lane, use turn signal, brake! Full stop, Shoulder check, shoulder check, use mirrors. right turn into right lane, right lane. Keep right, keep right

I was wondering what that lesson would sound like if the instructor was with the average Toronto driver while on city streets.

Keep in lane, keep in lane, use turn signal, brake! Full stop, Shoulder check, shoulder check, use mirrors. right turn into right lane, right lane. Keep right, keep right
Be even more interesting with the average Toronto rider: Keep right, left tire track, keep right, left tire track, keep right, left tire track. Signal right turn, left tire track, now, blocking position, stop, no, really stop, behind the line!, mirror check, cross traffic check, blindspot check, go, accelerate around the corner, no, not into the oncoming traffic, not into the left lane, keep right, left tire track, signal off, accelerate, signal off, accelerate, c'mon you can get up to the speed limit, signal off, no don't try and split between those two trucks . . .

So many years of 10 and 2 driving. Sadly he wasted half of his lap fighting hand position instead of getting near the cars limits. Good instructor.

As much fun as it would be to run the Ring, you learn a hell of a lot more with multiple laps on a shorter track and improving each time. Most people (myself included) are very far from the machine limits the first few laps while they learn the parts of the track that could bite you. By the time you get five or ten laps under your belt, you should be getting close to the edge on most of a short track.

Back
Top Bottom