Intact Insurance Bought Jevco Insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

Intact Insurance Bought Jevco Insurance

Aleks Hara

Just got news that Intact Insurance purchased the whole Jevco/Kingsway Insurance Company. Intact was formerly ING Canada up until a few years ago, and they are the biggest insurance company in Canada. They also recently acquired AXA insurance, and are the parent company of BelairDirect, Novex, GreyPower, and a few other smaller insurers.

What will happen to Jevco and their motorcycle program is anyone's guess... We'll just have to wait and see.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...acquire-jevco-for-530-million/article2420018/

Just got news that Intact Insurance purchased the whole Jevco/Kingsway Insurance Company. Intact was formerly ING Canada up until a few years ago, and they are the biggest insurance company in Canada. They also recently acquired AXA insurance, and are the parent company of BelairDirect, Novex, GreyPower, and a few other smaller insurers.

What will happen to Jevco and their motorcycle program is anyone's guess... We'll just have to wait and see.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/glob...acquire-jevco-for-530-million/article2420018/

I'm with them for my car, best price I could find with health index bought back. I wonder if they will let me put my bike on the policy now?

This is my signature

Watch out with Intact! I recently cancelled my policy with Axa, I guess it was right when they were switching over! A month after I cancel my monthly insurance premium comes out of my bank account AGAIN! I'm like WTF and call my broker. "Whops, I'll get that corrected, I suggest you put a stop payment on your account." No problem, $20 for a stop payment order, yay. I put a stop payment on it and the next month IT COMES OUT AGAIN under "Intact"!! I couldn't believe it. The broker refunded my money (and my $20 stop payment fee) out of his own pocket, and said he'd get it back from Intact. It sounded like I wasn't the only one having issues.

I ended up cancelling the entire bank account.

-Jamie M.

There definitely be some back hiccups when two companies merge or is taken over. I remember having my bank access card disable when TD and Canada Trust merge. They also changed my account from a value account to an executive account that must keep a balance of $5000 to maintain no fees(I was a student at the time). Sounds like the broker did the right thing, he would have recouped that back from them in due time.

Wow! Intact was huge BEFORE this acquisition!

Back
Top Bottom