Insurance SuperSports Shock! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance SuperSports Shock!

Right now TD meloche monnex is slightly cheaper on supersports for people 25 years + than even statefarm. Call them yourself if you don't believe me. Actually even at the age of 24 I am getting a seriously good rate. Finally pleasantly surprised with insurance for once. Mind you I am getting the professional engineers of ontario rate which I was told by them over the phone to be the deepest discount they offer.

EDIT:

Sorry one more thing.

I have my house and my car with them, but as an aside the house and the car are far far far cheaper with TD MM than anywhere else as well.

As a comparison I have my 2001 Jetta 1.8t cost me $78/mo and SF quote me $285/mo. Mind you my rates went up for no reason this year with the new insurance reform, but it only went to $99 for the car.

It was my understanding that TD/Meloche/Primmum SS rates didn't drop until you turned 30yo (and hence, TD/Meloche/Primmum wasn't competitive with State Farm until the client's 30th birthday).

Also, just FYI, State Farm gets much better Claims Satisfaction ratings compared to TD, and State Farm also gives you face-to-face agents rather than forcing you to deal with call centres. I know the latter isn't much of a concern for most young people though, but it does add to the cost of serving the policy.

Is there anyone 25-29yo insured with TD/Meloche/Primmum with a SS bike? What's your rate?

It was my understanding that TD/Meloche/Primmum SS rates didn't drop until you turned 30yo (and hence, TD/Meloche/Primmum wasn't competitive with State Farm until the client's 30th birthday).

Also, just FYI, State Farm gets much better Claims Satisfaction ratings compared to TD, and State Farm also gives you face-to-face agents rather than forcing you to deal with call centres. I know the latter isn't much of a concern for most young people though, but it does add to the cost of serving the policy.

Is there anyone 25-29yo insured with TD/Meloche/Primmum with a SS bike? What's your rate?

My Office mate is 26 and pays $1484/year for his 2008 GSXR600 with TD MM full coverage (collision, fire & theft, etc etc). He says statefarm was close but a little bit more $100/year more.

My Office mate is 26 and pays $1484/year for his 2008 GSXR600 with TD MM full coverage (collision, fire & theft, etc etc). He says statefarm was close but a little bit more $100/year more.

That's a pretty decent rate if your friend doesn't also have his car with State Farm.

I'm 28 and State Farm told me $871/year for full coverage with my truck and $1471/year bike alone with my M1 and 4 hours experience on a 01 CBR F4i.
So they do seem pretty close.

can someone explain how i can get in TDMM ???

they dont accept my college as a group...i have no other affiliations that i know of lol

Does kawasaki for life group count?

I think you'll need to go with TD Primmum then. I was told that TDMM handles clients with affiliations, and clients without affiliations are handled by Primmum.

I could be wrong though...

I think you'll need to go with TD Primmum then. I was told that TDMM handles clients with affiliations, and clients without affiliations are handled by Primmum.

I could be wrong though...

thats correct, and the ones with affiliations get better rates

Well, then to answer you're question...

I would say the easiest way to get in with TDMM would be to go back to school and get an engineering degree!

:happy3:

Some employers have rate groups with TDMM, although that likely won't work for you. Maybe pickup a part time job on the side to be part of the group? Once you are in, I doubt TDMM will kick you out when you quit the job.

Some employers have rate groups with TDMM, although that likely won't work for you. Maybe pickup a part time job on the side to be part of the group? Once you are in, I doubt TDMM will kick you out when you quit the job.

Problem is the groups with the deep discounts are engineering, lawyers, doctors etc.

The kind of jobs and organizations that you join tend to have a certain time investment lol.

I know when I was going to western the discount for being a western student was about 25% relative to a 40% for being PEO. Then the multicar discount is 15% which I lost when I changed my address from my dad's place on paper. So I was paying $99 and it went up to $117 because they found out about 3 tickets and lost the 15% multicar discount... TDMM seems to not give a **** about tickets for some reason.

Just asked my office mate he has a 2008 GTI with them as well for about $1600/year full coverage as well. And by the way the multi vehicle discount does not apply when you just have a car and a bike. You need to have two cars to get the 15%.

Last edited:
Right now TD meloche monnex is slightly cheaper on supersports for people 25 years + than even statefarm. Call them yourself if you don't believe me. Actually even at the age of 24 I am getting a seriously good rate. Finally pleasantly surprised with insurance for once. Mind you I am getting the professional engineers of ontario rate which I was told by them over the phone to be the deepest discount they offer.

EDIT:

Sorry one more thing.

I have my house and my car with them, but as an aside the house and the car are far far far cheaper with TD MM than anywhere else as well.

As a comparison I have my 2001 Jetta 1.8t cost me $78/mo and SF quote me $285/mo. Mind you my rates went up for no reason this year with the new insurance reform, but it only went to $99 for the car.

Personally everyone is different so you need to call plain and simple. I just pulled me and my wifes insurance from TD MM to go to Statefarm. I'm 29 and TD quoted me $13,000 on a CBRF4 State Farm matched our house and cars and quoted the bike at $696 a year. So far two months and no issues.

I'm getting the OSPE rate through ThePersonal (should be just as good as the MM PEO rate). I was under the impression that it was the same underwriters for both MM and ThePersonal.

ThePersonal won't insure SS or modified bikes. I'm guessing MM is no different.

I'm getting the OSPE rate through ThePersonal (should be just as good as the MM PEO rate). I was under the impression that it was the same underwriters for both MM and ThePersonal.

ThePersonal won't insure SS or modified bikes. I'm guessing MM is no different.

Funny you should mention that. I called The Personal as well and they told me they won't insure me with a bike if I am under age of 25. And they provided me a quote that was $2 cheaper than MM.. so basically dead on. But I have been with MM for 8 years now so I am not really interested in switching for $2 saving for the house and car combined only to have them not insure a sport bike.

TDMM will insure any bike, supersport or otherwise and they do pretty damn good rates. Not sure about turbo bikes though.

Back
Top Bottom