Insurance SuperSports Shock! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance SuperSports Shock!

P

Pearlzzzzz!

Supersport insurance went up 400% this year.

Is this for all insurance companies, or is there reasonable, and fair coverage out there for riders like me. I have a great driving record.

I want to purchase Ninja zx6r. Insurance quote: $4,948. Mantha-Jevco

Since when did we enjoy getting it up the backside?
When's the revolution?

Supersport insurance went up 400% this year.

Is this for all insurance companies, or is there reasonable, and fair coverage out there for riders like me. I have a great driving record.

I want to purchase Ninja zx6r. Insurance quote: $4,948. Mantha-Jevco

Since when did we enjoy getting it up the backside?
When's the revolution?

Are you under 25 without 1 full year experience?

I'm just SHOCKED that your finding out about this now. Surcharge has been 400% for ever.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Is there an insurance company out there, that isn't charging 400%

Is there an insurance company out there, that isn't charging 400%

^^^
Statefarm is the only one that really offers reasonable rates for SS bikes. Maybe TD aswell.

state farm, but there are prerequisites

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

State farm will definitely give you the best rate.
The prerequisites are:
1) A minimum of 5 years since you obtained your G1
2) Cannot have more than two infractions in the last three years

I thought Jevco was the only company imposing the 400% surcharge?

Please acknowledge how grateful I am for this information. Others will be aware too!

State farm will definitely give you the best rate.
The prerequisites are:
1) A minimum of 5 years since you obtained your G1
2) Cannot have more than two infractions in the last three years

And if you want their cheap rate be over 25.

Primmum was the only company that could offer me a reasonable rate on my CBR. Check them out. State Farm gave me a ridiculous quote.

Same with me. I'm also with Primmum.
x3 TD just changed their rating methods... I am 24 and a got a quote back that made scoff in a good way lol. for 2009 ZX6R... I know what I am shopping for this winter.

I did see this info and chart a year ago May 2010. It appears radical increases were incurred this year May 2011 that are now effective. It seems some of the policies from 2010 have been altered, and that's the system I don't get. Reading policies and reading too much insurancese is confusing.

I posted my question because there is power in people responses, practical info I need. Of course, just like yours.

I did see this info and chart a year ago May 2010. It appears radical increases were incurred this year May 2011 that are now effective. It seems some of the policies from 2010 have been altered, and that's the system I don't get. Reading policies and reading too much insurancese is confusing.

I posted my question because there is power in people responses, practical info I need. Of course, just like yours.

There have been no new or radical changes since I originally posted the chart. If you're with Jevco, the 425% SS surcharge is nothing new -- in fact, it is specifically mentioned in that post.

If you were quoted without a surcharge on the ZX6 last year, then your broker messed up the quote.

Last edited:
There have been no new or radical changes since I originally posted the chart. If you're with Jevco, the 425% SS surcharge is nothing new -- in fact, it is specifically mentioned in that post.

If you were quoted without a surcharge on the ZX6 last year, then your broker messed up the quote.

Right now TD meloche monnex is slightly cheaper on supersports for people 25 years + than even statefarm. Call them yourself if you don't believe me. Actually even at the age of 24 I am getting a seriously good rate. Finally pleasantly surprised with insurance for once. Mind you I am getting the professional engineers of ontario rate which I was told by them over the phone to be the deepest discount they offer.

EDIT:

Sorry one more thing.

I have my house and my car with them, but as an aside the house and the car are far far far cheaper with TD MM than anywhere else as well.

As a comparison I have my 2001 Jetta 1.8t cost me $78/mo and SF quote me $285/mo. Mind you my rates went up for no reason this year with the new insurance reform, but it only went to $99 for the car.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom