Insurance Question for Honda CBR 125 Owners | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance Question for Honda CBR 125 Owners

danw

Hey Honda CBR 125 owners, how much are you paying for insurance on your bike?

I just received a quote for $383/year from State Farm, which is where I have all my other insurance, so I'm getting discounts. Is this a good price, or have you done better?

coming from a guy that's paid $1400 for a 500cc bike, i'd be thrilled with 383. I don't see you finding a significantly better rate than that for motorcycle insurance regardless of the engine size. Probably the cheapest I've ever heard of.

OP, you have provided absolutely no details.

Regardless the details, it will not get much much better than this with SF .... I think mine was 250ish and that is as good as it gets. It's a small cc bike ...

Since SF does it by CC, it should be pretty cheap. When I got mine in 07, I paid around 226$ a year or so...
M,27,Ajax. Have my cars/house with them so I have a multi-line discount...

OMGWTF! Are cbr 125's that cheap to insure? I might downgrade from the Ninja 250! I dont care about the speed, as long as it gets me from point A to B.

OMGWTF! Are cbr 125's that cheap to insure? I might downgrade from the Ninja 250! I dont care about the speed, as long as it gets me from point A to B.

How about looks? Their tires make them look like bicycles

FYI -- just because State Farm rates by CC, it doesn't mean that they will be the cheapest for low-displacement motorcycles. ALL companies rate by CC . . . the only difference is that State Farm doesn't distinguish between SS and non-SS.

For most companies, the 125CC and 250CC bikes get the same rating factor as far as displacement is concerned.

22, GM2. Jevco quoted me the "preferred rate" of $1400/year for 1m liability+fire/theft. TD's online form quoted me $3k (but $1800 last year with no history of insurance/M1 only). :S

22, GM2. Jevco quoted me the "preferred rate" of $1400/year for 1m liability+fire/theft. TD's online form quoted me $3k (but $1800 last year with no history of insurance/M1 only). :S

So you're still on the 125 LeetViet? Don't have insurance yet this year?

So you're still on the 125 LeetViet? Don't have insurance yet this year?

Yeah, keeping it for another year to do my M. My insurance expires soon, but I'm debating if I want to go without a bike for a couple weeks to get the birthday grace from Jevco ($100~ savings in the 23-24 bracket).

Thanks for the info everyone. I ended up going with State Farm for $380 year. I've had a clean automobile record with them for years, so that definitely helped keep this premium low.

What would a 21 year old with a g1/m1 with no riding experience get with this bike?

I'm assuming I can't go with state farm because of lack of driving experience.

23 year old with a GM2. Renewing my insurance, and 3rd season on my 125 with Jevco is costing me 1432 (200 bucks less then last year). I would shop around but they didn't run an abstract on me and since I have two convictions since last July, I'll take it. :)

3rd year and 1432 a year... You sure they didn't found out about those convictions lol. I'm paying 1200 a year (went up this year...boo) for my 250, but they want an extra 800 if I want to add my girl to it... Malty because she got her m1 last week. They (jevco) also said they don't give a discount for getting m2, even with the course.

3rd year and 1432 a year... You sure they didn't found out about those convictions lol. I'm paying 1200 a year (went up this year...boo) for my 250, but they want an extra 800 if I want to add my girl to it... Malty because she got her m1 last week. They (jevco) also said they don't give a discount for getting m2, even with the course.

My insurance has always been around the 1400 mark even when I bought the bike new. Checked my renewal papers and sure enough no convictions shown. I'm wondering if it would be worth it to shop statefarm or other brokers and try combining my car and bike insurance or just keep quiet until one of the companies run an abstract.

So jevco is my best bet and I'm probably going to be around the mid 1000's?

Also, would it be advised to buy my cbr now (with summer lovin deal its 2200$ brand new right now) even if I might not drive it until maybe next year?

Back
Top Bottom