Insurance: Is this sound right? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance: Is this sound right?

gorecki

I called around a few places to get quotes for insurance, and received a very broad range and wanted to get some feedback and suggestions.

I am 26, thinking of getting my m1 m2 right now. I've had a drivers license for 10 years with a clean record.

I am looking one of two bikes:
2008 Honda CBR125
2008 Kawasaki Ninja 250

The best quote I got was $55 and $66 for both bikes based on $500 deductibles.

Do these figures sound about right, anything I should change, inquire about?

$66 permonth isn't bad for a new rider and a ninja 250.

It will go down continuously as you get more experience.

I'm assuming that is through state farm?
I pay $71/month for full coverage w/$300 deductible, but I also brought my truck to them to in whichthey gave me a $50/month discount.

Yes this is state farm, and I think i may have misunderstood the agent because at the end she told me annually it comes out to just over 1300.

Yes this is state farm, and I think i may have misunderstood the agent because at the end she told me annually it comes out to just over 1300.

Its probably the $55/month if you bring your car there as well and $1300/yr if you dont

Sounds about right. Thanks for the help, either way its cheaper than insuring a car like a civic or corolla.

Since the OP has lots of car experience, State Farm will give the cheapest rate in the first year (and Jevco might be cheaper after he has held an M1/M2 for one full calendar year).

Back
Top Bottom