Insurance is retarded | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance is retarded

If im the one driving the ****en car, and i havent had a single claim in 12 years and a clean record then wtf does the type of car i drive have anything to do with it? i doubt my car has the ability to start itself and cause a crash while im at home sleeping...

on a side note i guess its time to buy a vette and drift that ***** around every corner

I'm with you on this!

are you saying because you have a clean record nothing can happen to the car?
no im not, but thats a small portion of the insurance premium. these crooks will use any excuse to jack your rates up...

if its all about the car and not the driver then howcome when i get a ticket its hike time??

no im not, but thats a small portion of the insurance premium. these crooks will use any excuse to jack your rates up...

if its all about the car and not the driver then howcome when i get a ticket its hike time??

It's about the car AND the driver.

A driver's personal ticket and crash history are two indicators of future risk of collision. The higher the indicated risk, the higher the premiums for that driver.

Some car models do a much better job at protecting their occupants from serious injury in a crash than others. How good (or bad) a job they do is an indicator of potential accident benefits payouts. The higher the probable accident benefits payouts, the higher the premiums for that particular car model.

Accident benefit coverage looks after fixing the damage to humans. It's a lot more expensive to repair damaged humans than it is to repair damaged cars, even expensive cars. The Corvette does much better than average in protecting its occupants from injury in a crash. The Acura 1.7 EL does much worse than average in protecting occupants.

As result the Acura is a substantially bigger aggregate risk as far as potential claims payout is concerned. And as a result, you'll generally pay much more for accident benefits coverage in an Acura than you would in a Corvette, all other things being equal.

Last edited:
Generally, Japanese cars now have higher costs at insurance than American.

If im the one driving the ****en car, and i havent had a single claim in 12 years and a clean record then wtf does the type of car i drive have anything to do with it? i doubt my car has the ability to start itself and cause a crash while im at home sleeping...

on a side note i guess its time to buy a vette and drift that ***** around every corner

1.) Theft/Repair rates vary by car

2.) The injuries that you sustain in a similar collision varies by car (think Volvo vs. Chevette).

Generally, Japanese cars now have higher costs at insurance than American.

I don't think you can make that sweeping statement; however, since Trucks and SUVs tend to have good AB ratings and American manufacturers primarily sell these gas-guzzling beasts, then perhaps it isn't far from the truth.

Back
Top Bottom