Insurance broker recommendation | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insurance broker recommendation

Brian_S

Site Supporter
My insurance policy is up for the renewal and I decided to search for better deal out there. I have two cars, motorcycle and home to insure ... wondering if you can recommend a good insurance broker.

Thanks in advance

Jeff Lynn at Allstate is excellent. Responds quickly and very helpful.

Jeff Lynn
Agent
Allstate Insurance Company of Canada
1061 Wonderland Rd., S., London, ON, N6K 3X4
Tel: 519-471-1900 ext. 5010
Toll Free: 1-866-471-1900
Fax: 519-685-9680
jlynn@allstate.ca

Mitchell and Whale have done pretty good, their info is on the boards in the insurance section.

Reactions: J_F
+1 for M&W

have been with them for a few years, good service
new policy with Wawanesa (though M&W) for my latest bike is a pretty good deal
will be moving the other bike to them on renewal

that Co. has a good bundle deal for car/house/bikes

Last edited:
Buckley (y)

I dunno I haven't been impressed with M&W. Initally they seemed great, I had my bike and car with them with decent rates. But once I got the renewals the new quotes were wayyyy higher then I was paying before, and I am talking not event close.

^^ if they are the broker then doesn't renewals have nothing to do with them, but rather your provider?

If you want a better rate, ask M&W to get you a better rate or you will find another broker.

On topic - my insurance is currently brokered through Surnet and policy is written with Wawanesa as well. Policy quote was about 40% cheaper than other competitors.

My renewal just came in and rate has gone up so it's time to give Surnet a call and see what they can do for me.

^^ if they are the broker then doesn't renewals have nothing to do with them, but rather your provider?

If you want a better rate, ask M&W to get you a better rate or you will find another broker.
Not sure what you mean. But M&W new quote was $1000 more then I was paying with them previously. I called to ask if this was the best quote and they said yes the best they could do. Next they tried to be helpful by saying I could possibly bundle with whomever has my car insurance. I told them I realized that already, and 10% by bundling is hardly a savings if the rate has jumped by $1000, and well they responded with this is the best we can do and we have gone over an above to help you by offering this advice.... I felt insulted and didn't feel they wanted my business.

Yes I told them I will not renew with them and have moved on with better quotes from other brokers without having to bundle.

Not sure what you mean. But M&W new quote was $1000 more then I was paying with them previously. I called to ask if this was the best quote and they said yes the best they could do. Next they tried to be helpful by saying I could possibly bundle with whomever has my car insurance. I told them I realized that already, and 10% by bundling is hardly a savings if the rate has jumped by $1000, and well they responded with this is the best we can do and we have gone over an above to help you by offering this advice.... I felt insulted and didn't feel they wanted my business.

Yes I told them I will not renew with them and have moved on with better quotes from other brokers without having to bundle.
That's some below average customer service, the President/owner is on the forums. Maybe send him a PM.

That's some below average customer service, the President/owner is on the forums. Maybe send him a PM.
Oh I know, that was pretty bad, which is why I posted the info to help others out who might consider them.

Nah I do not think it is worth it. I confronted the agent on the phone about this "advice" and they just got more frustrated and reiterated the same info and how I should have appreciated what they were doing for me. :rolleyes: ?‍♂️.

Also this is the second time they completely dropped the ball. I had my car with them previously and the same thing happened in terms of renewal rates, jacked right up, found better rates elsewhere. Enough is enough.

Oh I know, that was pretty bad, which is why I posted the info to help others out who might consider them.

Nah I do not think it is worth it. I confronted the agent on the phone about this "advice" and they just got more frustrated and reiterated the same info and how I should have appreciated what they were doing for me. :rolleyes: .

Also this is the second time they completely dropped the ball. I had my car with them previously and the same thing happened in terms of renewal rates, jacked right up, found better rates elsewhere. Enough is enough.
That's odd. I just had mine setup through them with excellent experience. I didn't even have to call. Just emailed the details and setup quickly. They probably can't do much about the rates, except discounts if you qualify. They still got me the lowest rate for a SS without having to bundle.
Maybe the broker you got stuck with was having a bad day or isn't great?

Back
Top Bottom