insect removal/cleaners | GTAMotorcycle.com

insect removal/cleaners

I have a spray bottle filled with just water, I use it to clean everything:
-bugs on helmet
-forks if they have dirt on them
-general bike cleaning.

It works great, I dont have to douse everything with water and take forever to clean it up, its just water so I can spray it near the brakes and wont have to worry about anything, since its a spray bottle and not a garden hose or pressure washer, I can do spot cleaning and only clean stuff thats
dirty and not have to clean the non dirty parts, best of all its free

Giving the visor a good wax the night prior makes it all the more easier to get bug guts off (with a damp cloth/water) for that nasty ride ahead.

I never dry wipe as I believe there is a tendency for the visor plastics to get scratched up easily.

Harley Davidson Bug Remover. Sprays on and dissolves bugs pretty quick then wipe off with a microfibre towel. Available at most dealers. When I'm on the road I use women's makeup remover wet wipes. Works just as well and cheaper than the HD spray.

I used to do the lay a wet papertowel over it method. Not bad. Slow and messy.

These days if it's really buggy I mist it with invisible glass, give it a moment for the foam to go away, then wipe down with a microfiber. I then follow up with a spray polish. Either Honda's or another company called Bike Spirits that makes a very similar product. More recently I've been trying out Rain-x for plastic. Seems to give very similar results with slightly longer lasting hydrophobic performance but with lower performance when it comes to laying down a protective shield that makes it a lot easier to get the bugs off in the first place. I think I'm ultimately going to stick with the polish. I use it on the rest of the helmet too which also helps to reduce bug splatter like a non stick coating. And provides a very similar rainx like performance.

If my visor isn't very buggy/dirty, I don't even bother with the invisible glass and go straight to the polish. It's awesome at getting bugs off the visor/helmet and the bike.

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

I coat my visors with Rejex. The bugs don't stick at all - just need a wet paper towel and barely apply any pressure. Sometimes I'll see a big one splat, then start to bead off, which is kind of gross.

When washing the bike I give the windshield a wash to remove the majority of the smashed insects and then put a piece of thick towel over the windshield, soak it thoroughly with the hose and then move on to wash the rest of the bike. At the end I go back to the windshield and by then the soaking has softened and loosen up the balance of the gunk. Any remaining residue, minimal, gets wiped away with Honda spray cleaner polish.

Helmet get a similar treatment with a facecloth size of toweling used to wipe it down and then the Honda spray to finish up.

When washing the bike I give the windshield a wash to remove the majority of the smashed insects and then put a piece of thick towel over the windshield, soak it thoroughly with the hose and then move on to wash the rest of the bike. At the end I go back to the windshield and by then the soaking has softened and loosen up the balance of the gunk. Any remaining residue, minimal, gets wiped away with Honda spray cleaner polish.

Helmet get a similar treatment with a facecloth size of toweling used to wipe it down and then the Honda spray to finish up.
I've been using the Honda spray polish for years but at one point it was out of stock for so long it seemed to be discontinued. I had heard from others about the Original Bike Spirits branded version being very similar and gave it a shot when I was low. I am now running low on the OBS version and was able to get the Honda stuff again. Love it. Cleans stuff off, works quickly, on almost everything, helmet, visor, bike fairings/bodywork, etc. And leaves a hydrophobic non stick layer to help prevent stuff like bugs from sticking and what does stick comes off far easier. As one other member described regarding another product, you can literally see bugs hit and sheet off a little like water droplets.

i bought a box of individually wrapped disposable wet wipes (like the ones you get at the restaurant after eating wings/ribs) and keep them in my tail bag...can't remember how many in a box, but quite a bit and very cheap at walmart and dollar stores...i also keep napkins to dry the visor off once i've wiped it down...

i bought a box of individually wrapped disposable wet wipes (like the ones you get at the restaurant after eating wings/ribs) and keep them in my tail bag...can't remember how many in a box, but quite a bit and very cheap at walmart and dollar stores...i also keep napkins to dry the visor off once i've wiped it down...
I use to do something similar - a travel pack of 10 wet wipes and a travel pack of kleenex. Works well.

I recently switched to bringing individually wrapped lens cleaners - you can buy a massive pack from Walmart for pretty cheap. I prefer them because you don't have to dry afterwards, just wipe.

For my bike, I use the wet paper towel method and it works perfectly.

I've been using the Honda spray polish for years but at one point it was out of stock for so long it seemed to be discontinued. I had heard from others about the Original Bike Spirits branded version being very similar and gave it a shot when I was low. I am now running low on the OBS version and was able to get the Honda stuff again. Love it. Cleans stuff off, works quickly, on almost everything, helmet, visor, bike fairings/bodywork, etc. And leaves a hydrophobic non stick layer to help prevent stuff like bugs from sticking and what does stick comes off far easier. As one other member described regarding another product, you can literally see bugs hit and sheet off a little like water droplets.

At a Honda demo, I borrowed a few shots of the Honda branded spray polish from them. It seemed to have the same consistency and properties as a furniture polish I use. Except for the nice lemon smell
Obviously there are lots of opinions, but windex should never go close to any plastic that may have a scratch coating.

At a Honda demo, I borrowed a few shots of the Honda branded spray polish from them. It seemed to have the same consistency and properties as a furniture polish I use. Except for the nice lemon smell
Obviously there are lots of opinions, but windex should never go close to any plastic that may have a scratch coating.
Do you use pledge on the bike bodywork? Does it give good results? I use the Honda stuff on more things than I thought I would. Its great even for things like wheels.

Back
Top Bottom