Insane!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Insane!!

rinomato1

So I Call Primmum insurance company to get a quote for the 749 and they quoted me $10,000/year where do they get these numbers from?

where can I get some seemingly normal reasonable prices from HELP please:(

So I Call Primmum insurance company to get a quote for the 749 and they quoted me $10,000/year where do they get these numbers from?

where can I get some seemingly normal reasonable prices from HELP please:(

Try SF, They go by engine size only and if your over 25, had your G class license for 5 years and willing to bring your car to them you should be under $100/month for full coverage.

Maybe they heard about you/your crew smashing windshields and terrifying women and children... j/k!

State Farm would be your best bet.
Aside from being over 25 years old with at least 5 years from the date of your G1, you can't have more than two convictions on your record.

Maybe they heard about you/your crew smashing windshields and terrifying women and children... j/k!

State Farm would be your best bet.
Aside from being over 25 years old with at least 5 years from the date of your G1, you can't have more than two convictions on your record.
Primmum quoted my 20 yr old son, minimum coverage ($200K) on his 96 YZF600....wait for it.....

$13,895/ yr.

Primmum quoted my 20 yr old son, minimum coverage ($200K) on his 96 YZF600....wait for it.....

$13,895/ yr.

I don't doubt it, they quoted me 8000$ for liability only...
It's their way of telling you to **** off, we don't want your business.

any other suggestions? I mean I'm 24 years old been had my drivers license for over 5 years perfect record, what should I do>?

any other suggestions? I mean I'm 24 years old been had my drivers license for over 5 years perfect record, what should I do>?
I'm paying 140/month for full coverage with fire and theft on a 2006 GSX-R 750.
I think SF will still insure you but at a higher rate, how much higher? I have no idea.
Doesn't hurt to give them a call and get a quote.

State Farm is great for ~600s and under, but when it comes to larger bikes they get a bit pricey, even with a perfect record. Unless of course you have been with them for many years, and also have other things like a car and home insured with them.

Although I wouldn't call it cheap, I managed to get the best rate from TD Meloche Monnex (this is different from standard TD insurance), but to qualify you need to be a member of a specific group. I got it from Queen's alumni, but UofT is also a member. Note that if you qualify under more than one group then find out which is cheaper, since Queen's had batter rates than the UofT group. Tip! I didn't personally qualify... I put a friend's name on the registration as a co-owner in order to get their rate. Of course it must be someone you trust.

SF won't insure me, they say that I need to have my G for more than 6 years now new rules. Im giving up :( I see SS riders younger than me wtf is goin on here :bounce:

SF won't insure me, they say that I need to have my G for more than 6 years now new rules. Im giving up :( I see SS riders younger than me wtf is goin on here :bounce:

It got a lot harder this year, many companies backed away from insuring ss bikes, and others added rules and increased rates. For those that have good rates, hold on to them like that old cell phone plan!!

I probably spent 6 hours on the phone before finding a decent plan for myself, and I am over 30 with a perfect record!! Try to find some kind of a trick or legal loophole... also consider getting a smaller bike :/

^ It's 6 years to qualify for the A Plan and 5 years for the B Plan, and it's not 6 years since you had your G, it's 6 years since you got your G1 or 5 years for the B Plan.
Give Karl Marshall a call (416 287 2004) If Laurie answers, tell her you want to speak directly with Karl.

I was almost paying $5000 until I called Karl.

Last edited:
^ It's 6 years to qualify for the A Plan and 5 years for the B Plan, and it's not 6 years since you had your G, it's 6 years since you got your G1 or 5 years for the B Plan.
Give Karl Marshall a call (416 287 2004) If Laurie answers, tell her you want to speak directly with Karl.

I was almost paying $5000 until I called Karl.

They count your G1=1yr and G2=1yr regardless of how long you have had them also though.
So it is technically 4 years with your G for A plan or 3 years with your G for the B plan then.

used 24 year old with clean record born in 88 with license for 4 years with an '06 Duc 749.

TD749Quote.jpg

Use this tree that I created so that you can better understand State Farm's eligibility criteria -- it's not perfected yet, but better than nothing :)

StateFarmPlanTiers.jpg

For a SS bike, you really only have two options:

If you are >= 30yo: State Farm or TD/Meloche Monnex/Primmum
If you are < 30yo: State Farm (if you qualify)

Back
Top Bottom