IDLING wars.... | GTAMotorcycle.com

IDLING wars....

Definitely need a much better camera. I didn't see ****!

Definitely need a much better camera. I didn't see ****!

And/or braver cameramen. A proper production would have had them come up to the car, show no occupants, show the fumes, take out the card and give it to someone who'll gtfo... Come into Timmies with a fresh card and interview the particular customers.. It should be investigative journalism, not chicken journalism.

Spam.

I concur in terms of needing a better camera... it was actually a GO-PRO but i guess they are terrible during nights.

"Investigative Journalism and Chicken Journalism" lol that actually made me laugh. It was in the spur for them moment. So not much emphasis was put on it.

...and as far as spam goes.... how is it spam if its real people and real incidents?

sooo...Hangover 3? =D

...and as far as spam goes.... how is it spam if its real people and real incidents?

It looks like an ad for some "Life ... tv". A quarter of the video is a bling about how we're about to learn where the tax money goes. And then what..? We find out that the problem is a police cruiser idling for 25 minutes??? I stopped watching it half way.

I concur in terms of needing a better camera... it was actually a GO-PRO but i guess they are terrible during nights.

"Investigative Journalism and Chicken Journalism" lol that actually made me laugh. It was in the spur for them moment. So not much emphasis was put on it.

Yea the gopro is only good at night if there is good lighting.

It looks like an ad for some "Life ... tv". A quarter of the video is a bling about how we're about to learn where the tax money goes. And then what..? We find out that the problem is a police cruiser idling for 25 minutes??? I stopped watching it half way.

That is your opinion sir. and I guess if you got a ticket for idling it would not affect you either.

That is your opinion sir. and I guess if you got a ticket for idling it would not affect you either.

Long idling is against municipal regulations, and if I'm idling then I take the risk of a ticket. As far as police goes, I'm willing to cut them some slack. I really don't care if there is a police cruiser idling for half an hour. I'm glad it's there in the first place.

Long idling is against municipal regulations, and if I'm idling then I take the risk of a ticket. As far as police goes, I'm willing to cut them some slack. I really don't care if there is a police cruiser idling for half an hour. I'm glad it's there in the first place.

+1 also you need to take into consideration the cruiser is their work place and under the laws of the labour board they have the right to have a comfortable work environement(winter-heat, summer-ac, etc).

you are glad it's there in an low volume (at the time) parking lot on a warm day idling for no reason?

and you state "Idling is against municipal regulations" so if they are not following any set regulations... then why do we need to?

...are you PRO FEDS and their double standards?

+1 also you need to take into consideration the cruiser is their work place and under the laws of the labour board they have the right to have a comfortable work environement(winter-heat, summer-ac, etc).

All that has been taken into consideration. If it was really cold or really hot it would have been a different situation.

For example take commercial vehicles... they are not supposed to idle for longer than 3 mins and some places 5 mins. So truck and bus drivers do not fall into any labour laws?

oh wait let me guess they are SUB HUMANS as per what you are saying?

All I'm saying if a dude is on the job and his vehicle is his office there should be exceptions.
That includes commercial vehicles. I drive for living and our supervisors tried to tell us we couln't idol for more than 30 seconds...lets just say that didn't go over to well.

oh wait let me guess they are SUB HUMANS as per what you are saying?

You're only making an idiot of yourself with all these dramatic conclusions.

I'm pro discretion and degrees of tolerance, and against being petty.

as some may view it as being petty. but 30mins today 30mins tomorrow and 30 mins for the rest of his career every time he visits Timmies or any break for that matter.

Dont get me wrong I am by far the most laid back individual but ignorance peaks me. and double standards in the system really pisses me off.

You're only making an idiot of yourself with all these dramatic conclusions.

Idiot of myself? you are quick to come up with name callings but no where close to answering any of the valid points i have raised

All I'm saying if a dude is on the job and his vehicle is his office there should be exceptions.
That includes commercial vehicles. I drive for living and our supervisors tried to tell us we couln't idol for more than 30 seconds...lets just say that didn't go over to well.

Thats my point... and I work for Greyhound so I know what you are saying. If we were to be idling with 56ppl on the bus for longer than say x amount of time... we would surely get an idling ticket. Few of my co-workers have gotten tickets on a very hot day with a bus full of people.

So shouldn't that officer have taken into consideration of the well beings of the people on the bus?

Thats my point... and I work for Greyhound so I know what you are saying. If we were to be idling with 56ppl on the bus for longer than say x amount of time... we would surely get an idling ticket. Few of my co-workers have gotten tickets on a very hot day with a bus full of people.

So shouldn't that officer have taken into consideration of the well beings of the people on the bus?

Yes they should have taken that into concideration, should fight tickets like that though...

Back
Top Bottom