Icon Stormhawk WP Boots | GTAMotorcycle.com

Icon Stormhawk WP Boots

Jampy00

Site Supporter
I'm long over due for some new riding boots.

This time I wanted something that checked off four boxes.

Decent protection
Both walking and riding comfort
Low profile styling
Good value

After searching the interwebs and watching some reviews I found the Icon Stormhawk WP Boots to check all the boxes.

They come in three colours Black, Brown, and Grey (I went with Grey).
They also come in 1/2 sizes which is great if you have funky feet.

Features:
Material: Water-Resistant Leather Upper
Certifications: Tested and Certified to Standard - EN 13634:2017
D30® Ankle Inserts
eVent Waterproof / Breathable Membrane
BOA® Lacing System
Durable Rubber Toe Overlay
Reflective Heel Insert
Open-cell PU Insole for comfort

While they will not offer the protection of a full height boot, for casual riding or if you know you need to walk at your destination I found these to be a good compromise.

What I want to share are two things that I am really impressed with.

Comfort: When I get new boots I typically wear them for a day to "break them in" this way if any issues arise I can easily return/exchange
So I brought them to wear at work for the day and I am very impressed with just how comfortable they got in a short period of time.
While stiff and secure they don't have any weird pressure points on the toes (I wear a size 10 and ordered a size 10).

BOA Lacing system: I'm not as slim or as young I once was, so this BOA system is simply amazing, easy to use and service and you can dial in the exact fit you like.

I ordered from Fort Nine.
1691506969120.png

Good looking boot and your review is appreciated. I might actually put those on my purchase list.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

I'm long over due for some new riding boots.

This time I wanted something that checked off four boxes.

Decent protection
Both walking and riding comfort
Low profile styling
Good value

After searching the interwebs and watching some reviews I found the Icon Stormhawk WP Boots to check all the boxes.

They come in three colours Black, Brown, and Grey (I went with Grey).
They also come in 1/2 sizes which is great if you have funky feet.

Features:
Material: Water-Resistant Leather Upper
Certifications: Tested and Certified to Standard - EN 13634:2017
D30 Ankle Inserts
eVent Waterproof / Breathable Membrane
BOA Lacing System
Durable Rubber Toe Overlay
Reflective Heel Insert
Open-cell PU Insole for comfort

While they will not offer the protection of a full height boot, for casual riding or if you know you need to walk at your destination I found these to be a good compromise.

What I want to share are two things that I am really impressed with.

Comfort: When I get new boots I typically wear them for a day to "break them in" this way if any issues arise I can easily return/exchange
So I brought them to wear at work for the day and I am very impressed with just how comfortable they got in a short period of time.
While stiff and secure they don't have any weird pressure points on the toes (I wear a size 10 and ordered a size 10).

BOA Lacing system: I'm not as slim or as young I once was, so this BOA system is simply amazing, easy to use and service and you can dial in the exact fit you like.

I ordered from Fort Nine.
View attachment 62546
Wish I hadn't seen these I have boa snowboarding boots and love them.

Sent from the future

Are you having issues with the shifter wearing the toe seam? That toe cap doesn't look like it extends far enough.

For these boots there is no shift pad/patch, while I don't have enough experience with them. From what I have read/seen it is not an issue (unless your shifter is knurled metal) only slight discoloration on the grey boots. To be fair I have worn regular leather (non-motorcycle) boots for years and have had no shifter related issues on the boot, only a sore toe.. lol

Just rode about 200km's in these boot. Very comfortable on the bike, no issues with shifter or foot brake, the sole is very grippy even loose gravel was no match. As stated above other than a black mark on the toe from the shifter no other signs of shifter wear, I figured I shifted 100's of times already. If you bought the black boots you might not even notice.

Back
Top Bottom