I think someone was about to steal my bike... | GTAMotorcycle.com

I think someone was about to steal my bike...

rideitlikeyoustoleit

I went for a ride and when I got home I left my bike outside in front of my driveway. 5 minutes ago, I put her inside the garage. As I closed my garage door, and started walking towards the front door of my house, I hear a van speeding. A white GMC cargo van turned on my street still speeding and it stopped abruptly across the street from my house. I guess they saw me and that the bike was gone. Reverses all the way back to the street it came from and left.

Did I just prevent a theft that was about to go down? LOL

Sounds kinda suspicious.

I had a skeet from across the street walk right up to the trailer with our bikes on it when we got back from the track last time. Just scoped the bikes out, didn't say a word to me. Totally obvious scoping. Damn skeets. I'm always delighted to see my bike is still in the garage every morning.

Btw, your moniker is kind of ironic considering the thread.

I went for a ride and when I got home I left my bike outside in front of my driveway. 5 minutes ago, I put her inside the garage. As I closed my garage door, and started walking towards the front door of my house, I hear a van speeding. A white GMC cargo van turned on my street still speeding and it stopped abruptly across the street from my house. I guess they saw me and that the bike was gone. Reverses all the way back to the street it came from and left.

lol....how discreet. I've had a car attempt to follow me home once (maybe scoping out where I lived or parked the bike). I only noticed because the car was tailgating me the whole way. I managed to lose the car by doing some random turns in my maze of a neighbourhood.

To be honest - unlikely. Someone wants to steal your bike, they will be a tad more stealthy. They also make sure you're not in the house as opposed to randomly snatching bikes. Very little theft is done from in front of a house or a townhouse - too many eyes.

Last edited:

Did you catch the License plate?

You can never be too careful, and a quick call to your local Police non-emergency number reporting a suspicious White Van driving erratically on your street is always a good idea.

Be sure to note anything about the van that stands out, the License Plate, and last known direction of travel.

To be honest - unlikely. Someone wants to steal your bike, they will be a tad more stealthy. They also make sure you're not in the house as opposed to randomly snatching bikes. Very little theft is done from in front of a house or a townhouse - too many eyes.

I agree they will be more stealthy but my car was stolen in front of my house with in a 2 hour window everyone was home and not even late at night. Mind you it was a civic sir but if your bike or car is wanted bad enough they will take it. Can't really call the cops on a van that didn't do anything but drive erratically. But I would keep an eye and ask my neighbors to keep an eye out as well

Unlikely but possible. It was just really weird how he just randomly stopped and reversed out. There's a round a bout 2 houses down where he could have turned.

Unfortunately I didn't catch the license plate. It was just a white cargo van. I just checked up on my bike just now. This is making me paranoid. But nothing I can really do. Theft insurance FTW.

You sound like a pro lol

Unlikely but possible. It was just really weird how he just randomly stopped and reversed out. There's a round a bout 2 houses down where he could have turned.

Unfortunately I didn't catch the license plate. It was just a white cargo van. I just checked up on my bike just now. This is making me paranoid. But nothing I can really do. Theft insurance FTW.

Sadly you still have to pay a deductible :(

You gotta step back and think about this for a second: why would anyone want to steal YOUR bike? hahaha

Bump the alarm up in your infinite list of mods

Unlikely, but still possible.
We watch movies about big heists and they all seem professional, but some people out there are dumber than door knobs and may attempt to do it in broad daylight, in front of your house, while your neighbor is watering the lawn.

Unlikely, but still possible.
We watch movies about big heists and they all seem professional, but some people out there are dumber than door knobs and may attempt to do it in broad daylight, in front of your house, while your neighbor is watering the lawn.
My aunt's house got almost emptied in the middle of the day in Hamilton. Her neighbors just sat on the porch and watched the thieves carry all her belongings out the front door into a van.

My aunt's house got almost emptied in the middle of the day in Hamilton. Her neighbors just sat on the porch and watched the thieves carry all her belongings out the front door into a van.

Ah, good old Hamilton.

They probably just wanted to ride it like they stole it....

Depends on the neighbours...

My neighbours and I are tight. And they happen to be loud mouths who would come over and ask them WTF they were doing on my property. God I love those people.

You gotta step back and think about this for a second: why would anyone want to steal YOUR bike? hahaha

Bump the alarm up in your infinite list of mods

Because I made my bike look like a Hayabusa. :cool:

They probably just wanted to ride it like they stole it....

Who DOESN'T want to ride it like they stole it? ;)

Depends on the neighbours...

My neighbours and I are tight. And they happen to be loud mouths who would come over and ask them WTF they were doing on my property. God I love those people.

Good neighbors are priceless.
I can't say that I have neighbors that would back me up. The ones beside me hate me because their baby's room is right next to my driveway and everytime I start my bike they think a jet plane just flew 10 feet above their house.
They exagerate because half the time my gf can't even hear me get home.

The ones across the street keep parking too close to my driveway and I know their alarm on their car is super sensitive, so I snap the throttle when I go by and set off the alarm (before 9pm of course) and they have to rush outside to turn it off, then I show them how they parked like blind drunk monkeys.

Sounds like you're the ******* of the neighbourhood, to me...
Good neighbors are priceless.
I can't say that I have neighbors that would back me up. The ones beside me hate me because their baby's room is right next to my driveway and everytime I start my bike they think a jet plane just flew 10 feet above their house.
They exagerate because half the time my gf can't even hear me get home.

The ones across the street keep parking too close to my driveway and I know their alarm on their car is super sensitive, so I snap the throttle when I go by and set off the alarm (before 9pm of course) and they have to rush outside to turn it off, then I show them how they parked like blind drunk monkeys.

Sounds like you're the ******* of the neighbourhood, to me...

Yes and no.

Yes: If you're gonna park like an ape, fine. Just don't do it in a way that it blocks my driveway.

No: When I roll in after 9pm I make sure I have enough speed to clear the slight incline of my driveway and I shut off the bike before even hitting my pavement and coast until I get to my garage (driveway is 5 cars length). This is to be respectful to my immediate neighbor because of their 1 year old child and also she's a teacher and has to get up early every morning.

Also I always come up the street basically idling in 3rd gear to keep the rpms and noise down as much as possible until I get to my house.
This is opposite of the 2 other bikes that love to come around the corner and rip it.

My immediate neighbor's boyfriend thinks he's a DJ or something and every friday night he goes in his garage and mixes stuff.
He likes Drum and Bass and it seems he likes to hear the same god damn beat for hours.
I can feel his music/bass in my basement and he does it with the garage door open all the time, so I'm sure the other neighbors around aren't too keen of his "hobby". He sucks. Oh and he does this until midnight.

So before you try and call me something that gets sensored, you should perhaps ask for a little backstory.

Back
Top Bottom