I like to share my knowledge. Re Tyres. | GTAMotorcycle.com

I like to share my knowledge. Re Tyres.

cycling

Site Supporter
Image may contain: car

Speed holes also reduce the rotating mass for more faster.

On a side note, I wonder how quickly you'd need to drive for centrifugal force to be enough to support the car with no air in the tire? If I get bored enough I'll run the numbers.

wifes car has 'run flats' . Just priced out replacing those, may just trade the car in when it needs tires....

Sum good advize here. Could also put dynabeads in rear tyre. Spitz em out like beebee's through breathing hole to convince carz not to follow two close.

On a side note, I wonder how quickly you'd need to drive for centrifugal force to be enough to support the car with no air in the tire? If I get bored enough I'll run the numbers.

Before you get bored.

Did you work out the maximum speed to keep the bike off the bottom part of the tyre to maintain balance, before you have to pull over.
Thanks.
P.S. When is a good time to change to Summer air?

A friend used to race ARCA. I think he said he was doing 180 MPH and knew the tires were shot. When he reduced speed he was on the rims.

Is this something that Ducati owners do, so that they can't get all hyped up about riding, only to be disappointed in their vehicle.

"I'm going to go for a ride. Oh, right, I have a flat tyre, so I can't on the Duc."

Before you get bored.

Did you work out the maximum speed to keep the bike off the bottom part of the tyre to maintain balance, before you have to pull over.
Thanks.
P.S. When is a good time to change to Summer air?
DON'T USE SUMMER AIR. I can't believe how many people put high humidity air into their tires. I only use air that was trapped below -25c. I keep a 60 gallon tank in my garage, packed at 200PSI -- it lasts all summer.

DON'T USE SUMMER AIR. I can't believe how many people put high humidity air into their tires. I only use air that was trapped below -25c. I keep a 60 gallon tank in my garage, packed at 200PSI -- it lasts all summer.

Wow. Impressive. That is very expensive. I assume it is Canadian air. Eh.

Wow. Impressive. That is very expensive. I assume it is Canadian air. Eh.
It's not expensive when you plan ahead and DIY. One year I forgot -- that was expensive because I had to import the air. It's not cheap UPS 50l of cold dry air from Greenland in July.

That's expensive because it is shipped UPS. Guess you will not forget again. I hear there is a company in Australia that will do a special deal for Canadians. Coming up to Winter there soon. I`ll let you know when I get the Company name.

I know them. Don't do it -- they used dusty desert air that has been sunburned. Needs to come from a source with UV index of 3 or less.

I know them. Don't do it -- they used dusty desert air that has been sunburned. Needs to come from a source with UV index of 3 or less.

Thanks. I did not know that. Nothing worse than sunburned air. Specially with 3 UV`s or less. I learn something every day.

Back
Top Bottom