I like the new Audis | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

I like the new Audis

The TypeR will be a collectible in 20+ years. just like the old NSX

R8 will be another has been...

That's possibly the most ridiculous thing you've said so far.

That's possibly the most ridiculous thing you've said so far.

will give most folks a rise around here... even though the statement is true. There is a reason why they sold them all in 24hrs.

the first one went for over a million bucks. granted, this was for charity, but still a good take.

Last edited:
Boy does it burn me up when people call sequential transmissions automatic.
Why? They are a type of automatic as the computer picks when to shift and does it for you. Obviously not a slushbox but imo, clearly an automatic. Now, if it was sequential like on a bike where it may give you shift lights but your physical input is required to change gears, I wouldn't consider than an automatic. I don't know of any street car that had a manually operated sequential transmission (some muscle car slushboxes had manual gear changes but I don't know if any were manual only).

will give most folks a rise around here... even though the statement is true. There is a reason why they sold them all in 24hrs.
Yes there is. Because there were only 300 of them. Ridiculously low production and you can sell out quickly. You only need one Honda fanboy with money in every million people and they are sold in a day. I suspect the list of prospective buyers was much longer.

Yes there is. Because there were only 300 of them. Ridiculously low production and you can sell out quickly. You only need one Honda fanboy with money in every million people and they are sold in a day. I suspect the list of prospective buyers was much longer.

there are lots of honda fanboys with money. they would have bought a regular nsx.

the Type S will be collectible. guaranteed

(I Updated my previous post, to show the first one went for over a million)

Sorry, I meant about the R8 being a has-been in 20 years. No doubt, any limited-production model with low numbers like that will sell out quickly. Don't most if not all of the limited production Ducati's sell out in something like 1 or 2 hours?

Why? They are a type of automatic as the computer picks when to shift and does it for you. Obviously not a slushbox but imo, clearly an automatic. Now, if it was sequential like on a bike where it may give you shift lights but your physical input is required to change gears, I wouldn't consider than an automatic. I don't know of any street car that had a manually operated sequential transmission (some muscle car slushboxes had manual gear changes but I don't know if any were manual only).

It has more to do with using the term derogatively.

It has more to do with using the term derogatively.
That's fair enough. I still like to row gears on a toy but without question DSG/PDK/whatever proprietary letters a company picks are faster. For the ultimate in "automatic", check out the Koenigsegg LST. Nine speed, seven clutch, any gear to any other gear in milliseconds. Just bonkers and doesn't use any crazy tech so it could be used in more common vehicles (assuming the patents were licensed).

Not only was it a cop magnet, all the old retired guys on my street that came out wanting to go for a rip. Too much temptation to keep the throttle pinned, crazy top speed.
I want someone to make something like a premium miata/frs. Small, light, engine that revs to the moon (2-3L flat plane v8?). Keep the power down so you can flog it a bit without crazy speeds but the sound will be amazing. It's never going to happen. Instead cars get faster and more boring sounding as electricity takes over.

I want someone to make something like a premium miata/frs. Small, light, engine that revs to the moon (2-3L flat plane v8?). Keep the power down so you can flog it a bit without crazy speeds but the sound will be amazing. It's never going to happen. Instead cars get faster and more boring sounding as electricity takes over.
I'd love to see this car, though realistically I would never actually buy it (the real reason it'll never happen, as I'm not alone). The S2000 is probably the closest anyone has come in (semi) recent years.

I'd love to see this car, though realistically I would never actually buy it (the real reason it'll never happen, as I'm not alone). The S2000 is probably the closest anyone has come in (semi) recent years.
The thing that gives me a tiny amount of hope is the zx-25r. I never expected a new 250-4 to come out but it did. Price obviously sucks compared to similar sized engines but imo, that would be forgotten when you wound it out.

And this afternoon Maclaren has a press conference and says its fake news, they are not for sale .

so did somebody jump the gun and it gets announced Thursday, or was this media blooper???

standing by

And this afternoon Maclaren has a press conference and says its fake news, they are not for sale .

so did somebody jump the gun and it gets announced Thursday, or was this media blooper???

standing by

Saw it in three different auto blogs. Nice one. I know they want in. They're adamant about fuel regulations being to their liking.

I think it's a blessing in disguise for vw

McLaren is notoriously crafty and secretive.

They are very difficult to get along with.

The Type S will be a collectible in 20+ years. just like the old NSX

R8 will be another has been...
****** cars can be collectable. Edsel, DeLorean, KCar, Superbird and TransAm come to mind.

the first one went for over a million bucks. granted, this was for charity, but still a good take.

that happens a lot for anticipated cars.
first model sold goes to auction and money goes to charity.

First Mid-Engine Chevy Corvette Sold for $3 Million at Auction

First 2020 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Sold For $1.1 Million​

Back
Top Bottom