Hwy. 35 so much fun 6/30 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hwy. 35 so much fun 6/30

justride

hwy. 35 north of Carnarvon (hwy 118) to Hwy 60 (entrance to Algonquin Park) is a great paved road for sport bikes. There isn't much road signage so the bend in road could be a little bit more "bendier" than you think especially when the speed starts ramping up. Definitely one of my favourites!

Agree, very scenic too but heavily patrolled, if you like that kind of road, you may also want to look at Hwy 118 from Carnavon to Bracebridge but I have seen deer and moose on that road. I prefer some of the secondary roads in that area such as Eagle Lake Rd 6, 14 and 19 to name a few for more spirited riding. These roads are all documented fully on this site.

Last edited:
hwy. 35 north of Carnarvon (hwy 118) to Hwy 60 (entrance to Algonquin Park) is a great paved road for sport bikes. There isn't much road signage so the bend in road could be a little bit more "bendier" than you think especially when the speed starts ramping up. Definitely one of my favourites!
I really like the section north of Minden but most of the speed limit is incredibly low. If you ride the road instead of the speed limit, you will be in racing territory almost the entire time.

I rode 507 for the first time on Sunday, great road and no traffic because everyone was partying.
Had the wife following so kept it at 100 the whole way through, lots of fun.
35c62b0e2c11acd1192e1f9886964d14.jpg
4cdca1fb73483a8d09d7aefdf7c36a55.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Reactions: J_F
and watch out for the Turkey Bear Moose Deer Porcupine Beaver Turtle Skunk Goose Ducklings (y)

I rode 507 for the first time on Sunday, great road and no traffic because everyone was partying.
Had the wife following so kept it at 100 the whole way through, lots of fun.
35c62b0e2c11acd1192e1f9886964d14.jpg

did the wife realize what it was caught your attention for this scene?? :)

You've been posting here for years and you only rode the 507 for the first time now? How is that possible?

You've been posting here for years and you only rode the 507 for the first time now? How is that possible?
He was smart? With the rock walls, high heat score and incompetent cages blowing the corners I don't find it very enjoyable.

Hwy 35 is an awesome ride. While you're there, get on Deep Bay Road which starts at Moore Falls, then Bobcaygeon Road followed by Kushog Lake Road for something a bit more twisty/hilly. I usually hit those roads going north then loop back down Hwy 35 south towards home. I'm usually on these roads by around 7 or 8am and there's usually not a single vehicle. Can't comment on other times of the day.

He was smart? With the rock walls, high heat score and incompetent cages blowing the corners I don't find it very enjoyable.
True, I haven't been on it this year yet and probably won't. There are much nicer roads a little further away. Like the 509.

I live in Barrie and have done a lot of riding west of there and up through Muskoka and north. I've been all over the Gooderham area for years on a dirtbike.
I've been aware of the 507 for a couple years, just haven't worked it into the day until now.
I've been exploring more roads and areas now that the kids are older and doing their own thing more and more, the last 13 years ride times were shorter and less frequent lol.

two weeks on the hwy507 I was slowed down by a bunch of jeeps. When trying to time to pass them, the Jeeps took a sharp left into the woods.
Bet there is a bunch of trails for ADV bikes/ dirt bikes that are not on google maps. You gotta know someone

I really like the section north of Minden but most of the speed limit is incredibly low. If you ride the road instead of the speed limit, you will be in racing territory almost the entire time.
I like picking up 45 East of Orillia or 35N at Coboconk. Both lead to Moore's Falls where you can pickup Deep Bay Rd which runs through the QE Wildlands, runs parallel to 35N on the West side of the Gulls -- it's a much better & funner route to Minden.

Click for Google map

Last edited:
two weeks on the hwy507 I was slowed down by a bunch of jeeps. When trying to time to pass them, the Jeeps took a sharp left into the woods.
Bet there is a bunch of trails for ADV bikes/ dirt bikes that are not on google maps. You gotta know someone

You don't really gotta know someone.

There are tons of trails in the Haliburton Highlands that are clearly documented. Several are off the 507:

I've ridden a bunch of the trails off the 507 on my vstrom with street tires.
They are quite nice and I would recommend!

Do you need a permit to ride those roads? OFTR or something?
Haliburton Highlands is an oftr member area, but they don't require you to be a oftr member to ride those trails. I believe it's only Simcoe County and Limerick that an oftr membership is mandatory.
Most of those trails off the 507 are unmaintained roads, and require a street legal (blue plated) bike.

Back
Top Bottom