human crash dummie | GTAMotorcycle.com

human crash dummie

Why would someone voluntarily do that?...
Even if he's protected in the finest leathers etc. the impact of his body hitting the ground can't be good.

The title of this thread reminded me of this

th_FourthReichMotors.jpg

He wasn't going that fast

They are obviously testing those inflateable airbag vests/jackets. The guy who invented the bullet proof vest regularly tested those by shooting himself. NOW that takes stones.

Still a big difference to the riders mind between intentionally hitting an object as he has time to mentally prepare, and you can see him dive off the bike at impact fully prepared, on a controlled course in good weather. One can only wonder how "brave" one could be in a real world situation where a car suddenly pulled out, and other factors (bikes speed, surrounding distractions to riders mind, weather) are put into the equation.

Still a big difference to the riders mind between intentionally hitting an object as he has time to mentally prepare, and you can see him dive off the bike at impact fully prepared, on a controlled course in good weather. One can only wonder how "brave" one could be in a real world situation where a car suddenly pulled out, and other factors (bikes speed, surrounding distractions to riders mind, weather) are put into the equation.

Don't gotta be brave. The situation will still play out no matter how brave you are. The question is how well those vests actually work. I'm seeing so many tests for them now that I think the newest thing will be airbag pants, gloves, jacket and helmet with airbag neck brace.

Actually vests already provide bracing support for helmet. I am not sure about airbag everything else. Canister is pretty bulky and I can not see it on the pants. Hi-vis is nice too. I notice that people pay more attention to me and stay away when I have it on. I got asked few times if I was cop. Sounds stupid but it is to protect from stupid so it is about right :)

Don't gotta be brave. The situation will still play out no matter how brave you are. The question is how well those vests actually work. I'm seeing so many tests for them now that I think the newest thing will be airbag pants, gloves, jacket and helmet with airbag neck brace.

Real life crash, that would result in broken legs (likely femurs) from the legs going off the bars, possible wrist fractures from the "holy $*^@" grip on the bars at impact... But the vest works for the impact at least.

Back
Top Bottom