How to sell my bike in Toronto - dealers, private | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to sell my bike in Toronto - dealers, private

marktwothousand

I lost interest in riding. I’ve got a CBR250 posted on kijiji but I’ll probably lose patience with it and just offload the bike some other way. Can anyone suggest any shops or dealers where I could offload this for cash?

I realize I’ll take a huge hit at a dealer, but seeing as I got a good deal on the bike some years back and I got some fun times out of it and I’m relatively financially stable, I don’t mind taking a hit just to get the stress of ownership off my back. Keeping the bike for another season would be another $1500 in parking and insurance anyway.

Thank you for the multitudes of advice on GTAM over the years, I truly mean it when I say, I couldn’t have done it without you.

What are you asking for it? You may be asking a bit too much. That should be a very easy bike to sell.
Lower the price a bit and you might sell it, or put Best Offer, you'll get stupid offers but give it a bit of time.
Most offers will be more than a shop will give you.
Also you can post it on Auto Trader and FB Marketplace for free.
If it's a fair price it should be gone in a week. Where are you located, if in the GTA should be no problem.
Harder to sell if you are 200 km north.
Make sure you have lots of pictures and a good description of the bike.
If you're done with riding, maybe offer to throw in some of your gear.
Good luck with it.
Sorry to see you go. Maybe you just needed to meet up with more people. More enjoyable if you can ride with others.

Sorry to hear, but been there and done that so I totally understand.

That should be a very easy bike to sell if we’ll priced. Even low balls should be better than a dealer buying it off you.

Send a link to your ad, or your anticipated price and I’ll do my best to help out.

I lost interest in riding. I’ve got a CBR250 posted on kijiji but I’ll probably lose patience with it and just offload the bike some other way. Can anyone suggest any shops or dealers where I could offload this for cash?

I realize I’ll take a huge hit at a dealer, but seeing as I got a good deal on the bike some years back and I got some fun times out of it and I’m relatively financially stable, I don’t mind taking a hit just to get the stress of ownership off my back. Keeping the bike for another season would be another $1500 in parking and insurance anyway.

Thank you for the multitudes of advice on GTAM over the years, I truly mean it when I say, I couldn’t have done it without you.
@Mina buys bikes for a dealership. You will get wholesale price not private sale money but it will be simple.

Last edited:
I wouldn't think a dealer would give you more than $1k for it... I definitely could be wrong, but that's my gut feeling. I think a selling price on kijiji would be $2k. People are probably asking $3-4k

There are lots of ABS CBR's on Kijiji for $3,000. If you are desperate to sell lower the price to $2,500 to start so your's stands out. Wait 2 - 3 days, then if no offers reduce price by $250 and repeat until sold. It should go fairly quickly.

Agreed with others.

More high res pictures. Right now it looks kind of scammy. 1 low res image that kind of looks like you pulled it from and old webpage.

My suggestion would be to keep your ad short and simple. No need to talk about all the personal stuff. Just list the fact and the price. People always read them the negative way when you have so much irrelevant details.

Get some more pictures in the ad. Especially the gear that you are willing to give away with it.

I am sure if it was at the start of the season, you would have no problem selling this within 1-2 weeks.
All the guys who are looking for a starter bike are eager and ready to buy when season starts.
Either way, you should be able to sell it. Good luck with the sale.

I recently sold a Ninja 250, I priced it at something like $2,300 when the other ones were at like $3,000. I also had spent a few hours and a 100 dollars to get it saftied.

Between the low price and the safety, I was lining people up who wanted to look at it. I think like 8 people wanted to see the bike the day I posted it. I literally had to turn away some of them, like the odd idiot who said they won't be getting insurance, or the two idiots who asked if its fast enough to run from the cops. Ended up selling it to a really smart young guy who wanted to go into med school.

Either way, if it's saftied, your pool of buyers will increase exponentially.

I got the UVIP and posted more pix. I’m not sure if I can safety the bike and that’s why I’m letting it go as is for so cheap. It should pass safety but I have no time to take it in and I’m not 100% sure. The tread on the tires is excellent but I know some shops are picky signing off on older tires

Back
Top Bottom