How to put pressure in my forks? -1987 Shadow vt1100 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to put pressure in my forks? -1987 Shadow vt1100

Young-bike-nut

I picked up this bike about 2 days ago and it needs fork seals. I plan on doing it this weekend. I was looking at the top of the fork tubes and all there is is a big chrome cap that covers the fork tube. There is no valve like a valve stem. My 1984 Shadow has this valve stem in the top of the fork tubes for pressurizing the forks.

Can anyone tell me?

Last edited:
If it needs seals there is no way that it will hold air pressure even if there is a valve. Now that said most people put waaaaaaay too much air in and only accomplish to blow out seals. Waste of time having "air assisted" forks. want to raise the pressure? Just raise the oil level.

If it needs seals there is no way that it will hold air pressure even if there is a valve. Now that said most people put waaaaaaay too much air in and only accomplish to blow out seals. Waste of time having "air assisted" forks. want to raise the pressure? Just raise the oil level.

Lol I wasnt going to put any pressure in the forks till after I replaced the seals. I was looking at it and there is not air pressure stickers or anything. So that must make it oil only. That being said does anyone know how much oil these forks take. I dont have a manual so I am going off knowledge, youtube videos and hondashadow.net. I am pretty sure I know what I am doing..........I think. I got a quote for $300, 3 hours labour+ parts and oil.

call rosey toes he will do it in less time and quote a cheaper price, while you watch the work being done. 416-241-2523

call rosey toes he will do it in less time and quote a cheaper price, while you watch the work being done. 416-241-2523

Thanks Ill give him a call tommorow.

Back
Top Bottom