how to prevent your motorcycle being blow over? | GTAMotorcycle.com

how to prevent your motorcycle being blow over?

vszutu1

Site Supporter
Hi Everyone,

My motorcycle was blown over last year due to the hurricane and cost me a pretty penny to repair fml. What can i do to prevent it from being blown over? i park my bike on the street and i dont really have a place to park it. Any suggestion?

Besides moving you are pretty limited, maybe if a center stand is possible. You would get better answers perhaps if you told us the make of your bike.

next time there is a hurricane, tie it something huge, like a Big tree, or Rockerguy's ego.

or sonnythebull's wallet

Get a large patio stone, cinder block, or anything heavy. Strap your stand to it.

I would have the sidestand shortened a smidge. Maybe have a bigger foot welded on while there. Another great idea is tying it down. Unbelievable how that works in heavy weather on a ferry crossing. It's bloody brilliant.

Don't park beside a hurricane.

Ah yes that Hurricane.

1988-honda-hurricane.jpg

What kind of magical tips are you looking for? You are parking your bike on the street, ready to be a victim to wind, cars, and drunk dooche bags. Other than parking elsewhere, not much you can do.

Put it up on paddock stands and lock / chain it to the stands. If possible, park near something that blocks direct wind. If possible, park facing into the prevailing wind direction.

Hi Everyone,

My motorcycle was blown over last year due to the hurricane and cost me a pretty penny to repair fml. What can i do to prevent it from being blown over? i park my bike on the street and i dont really have a place to park it. Any suggestion?

Upgrade your panzy-*** bike to something heavier at Kahuna!

Lean it away from the prevailing wind, usually its from the north west. Seriously, a few weeks ago I was parked at work, a storm cell came through and my tilt sensor went off. I ran out fully expecting to see it on the ground. Fortunately the wind only wobbled the bike. I turned it around so that the angle of the bike deflected the wind up and pushed the bike against the stand (instead of getting under it and lifting it off the stand). All good for the rest of the storm.

Switch to Harley-Davidson. Engine acts like anchor. Drags close to ground like owners knuckles.

Don't use a cover in high winds. The sail area can easily topple a bike.

Back
Top Bottom