How to get tail section off....stripped bolts | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to get tail section off....stripped bolts

CrazyKell

Site Supporter
I'm in the process of switching over my bodywork (trackday this weekend).

These two are the last ones holding my tail section on and they appear to be stripped. There isn't enough clearance underneath to get anything on there to hold the nuts.

I'm trying to avoid taking off my entire exhaust and all the bits underneath. I know that's an option....I just want to avoid it since it's time I don't really have.

Any ideas on how to get them off?

IMG00422-20110620-2100.jpg

torx bits....or drill and use a bolt extractor..

or if you have a VERY stedy hand and there is lots of clearance, cut a grove and use a screw driver

Pull hard but carefully, there are rubber well nuts under them. Likely the brass inner threaded insert has broken loose from the rubber as they do sometimes when over tightened...A steady pull should pull them right out...You can help by prying around them with something flat..You will need 2 new M5 well nuts

Last edited:
torx bits....or drill and use a bolt extractor..

or if you have a VERY stedy hand and there is lots of clearance, cut a grove and use a screw driver

She means what its threaded into is stripped(spinning), not the bolt heads

Pull hard but carefully, there are rubber well nuts under them. Likely the brass inner threaded insert has broken loose from the rubber as they do sometimes when over tightened...A steady pull should pull them right out...You can help by prying around them with something flat..You will need 2 new M5 well nuts

Okay thanks. Trying that tonight!

She means what its threaded into is stripped(spinning), not the bolt heads

Then she can use an alligator pliers, grab it and then turn?

Then she can use an alligator pliers, grab it and then turn?

Part of the problem is that I can't get enough clearance between the bracket it's attached to and the plastic to grip anything.

Back
Top Bottom