How to corner a sport bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

How to corner a sport bike

Low rider

Site Supporter
Don't know if this was posted before.
Pretty interesting stuff.
I'm itching to go give her a try on Snake Road.

"A little bit more tricky"

Don't know if this was posted before.
Pretty interesting stuff.
I'm itching to go give her a try on Snake Road.

Snake road is not a place I would be practicing much of anything. It is a nice ride, but very unforgiving if you screw it up.

Snake road is not a place I would be practicing much of anything. It is a nice ride, but very unforgiving if you screw it up.
I found myself target fixated on that guard rail my first few rides thru that road at a tad bit too fast speeds when the sun was starting to go down, its def not a place you want to fall.

Use 16th 404, south bound going West on 16th. There's run off if you **** up. Get off at 7 and to back north to 16.

Track is best but let's be realistic...most will never go.

Go and take a course instead. He's skipping steps and confused about some of them (some of the cuts and where he repeats himself), plus he has no way to determine if his viewers have the necessary skills to even begin doing some of what he's talking about.

On a motorcycle you're combining gross motor skills (Steering) with fine motor skills (clutch, throttle, brake). If you're working in cm and you're fine skills need mm, you're going to have problems.

Cutekill from here, is good with the Lee Parks course, and there are other more track oriented courses around for those so disposed.

Snake rd. Turn 3. I dare you to go stand on the opposite side of the guard rail with a video camera on a nice summer weekend

Snake rd. Turn 3. I dare you to go stand on the opposite side of the guard rail with a video camera on a nice summer weekend
Hell no, that will get me a bike in the chest when someone target fixates on me.

Gopro on a mag mount and someone can be the ontario version of Killboy.

there is a turn 3 on snake road?
what's on turn 3, poison ivy or poison parsnip?

there is a turn 3 on snake road?
what's on turn 3, poison ivy or poison parsnip?
I only really see two turns. Place is too straight and too rich for me to go see.

Hey man I seen some motorcycles crash in the darnedest places, it's not alway where you expect. Be carful out there.
Seen 3 cruserBike crash remains on the 21 k of twist roads right at the end of my driveway and they all lost it in the easy spots.

Wow, just watched the video. Trying to ride that hard on the street is just asking for trouble. A track is a relatively known quantity with consistent grip (or at least you can figure out where the grip is different). On the street, normally you are going through each corner once and have no *&^*&^ clue what the road condition is. Even if you are doing "laps" of 16th to hwy 7 or lawrence ramps or elsewhere, you never know whether someone has spilled or dumped something on the road before the next time you come around.

Maybe it's just me, but I won't ride at 100% of the street as I like lots of room to be able to deal with the inevitable issue that you are confronted with. If you are 100% and something happens, by definition you are facked.

Video doesn't advocate riding that hard on the street ... whole thing is at Chuckwalla Raceway.

For street riding, the same concepts apply, but in slow motion. I know a few people who have managed to high-side on the street due to various combinations of cold tires, cold pavement, and indiscretions with the throttle.

I find videos like this to be hard to watch. On this particular topic, what he was saying about getting back on the throttle would be asking for a high-side, or at a minimum running off the outside of corner exit, if implemented "as described", but what he was actually doing in the on-board video was correct but it wasn't quite what he had been describing earlier. I still remember what Michel Mercier told us to do in the FAST school. That was correct.

There are many subtleties that weren't really touched upon ... one important thing being to not do things that upset the suspension at critical moments, another important thing being to stay within (or at, if you wish) the limits of traction, front and rear, at any given moment.

If it were easy, everyone would do it.

I really don't understand why people started trying to apply the learnings in this video to street riding?????

I sure didn't.

Back
Top Bottom