How To Beat HTA172 | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How To Beat HTA172

That's the whole point of HTA172, to make it so you don't want to risk losing your ride and your license at the side of the road, like these idiots did.

In other words, a very nice catch. Idiots all. Not what you want to be sharing the roads with.

Your advice is proof positive that HTA172 is having the desired effect.

only one positive effect of HTA172, that turbandish is happy,.. others probably all are idiots

There are places where u can run and there are places where your **** out of luck. I have never, or do I plan to run from cops. But I would think if your gonna run at least be on the highway preferably in an area that you know. Running on streets is asking for a death sentence. In my opinion unless your on the highway going at least 50kms faster then the cop, pull over and hope for the best

I beg to differ.

[video=youtube;ag2PRbKrins]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ag2PRbKrins[/video]

lol, the 3 riders deserve to have their rides impounded...if you know full well that you need insurance, drivers license and proper vehicle registration to get out on the road, these guys don't care if they get caught, why on earth they pulled over is beyond me. if i decide to take my bike out and i have no insurance, fake plates, no drivers license, i already have it in my head i ain't stopping for the popo...but the actual law in the way it is described and used and what it was intended for is somewhat skewed...

the cop will see your plate as they will most likely pursue for some distance before pulling you over and likely you wont see him. my sportbike mirrors only give me a view of my arms and vibrate so much at high speed i cant make out whats behind me. these new stealth police cars are getting harder and harder to spot.
I've seen you post twice about your mirrors. Bro, there's something wrong with your bike. The mirrors should not be vibrating. Are they stock mirrors? You could have a wheel out of balance, or a motor mount broken. Are you feeling vibrations through the clip-ons as well?

I'll see what I can come up with but, any way that I write it, it'll come out like a boiler plate letter.

This thread should have stayed in the General Rob. It may just save lives.

I think 82Seca asking you to write up a generic letter is a great idea. If you're going to do something like this Rob, you have to do it with the assumption that "all people are stupid." Meaning you have to think of everything, where to send, what to send, how to avoid SPAM filters etc. Focus on the Charter of Rights And Freedoms that "every Canadian has the right to stand before a judge before being prosecuted." And point out that cops are high on adrenaline. They are not judges, and lack the objectivity of a judge. Focus on the downward spiral, i.e loss of license, loss of insurance equals loss of job, wife, family, ability to pay taxes. A high earner/tax-payer now is a transient. Make it short and keep repeating the Charter as that's what will grab a politicians eye. And if you can, get it done ASAP as throwing this issue at them last minute won't do a thing. Thanks!

Last edited:
hate to point out the obvious.. but most times the officer already has your plate recorded before he even attempts to pull you over in case you do run. so instead of a fine and a bike seizure for a week your looking at a huge fine, bike seizure and criminal charges and anything else the officer can think of.. goodbye licence forever. plus the embarrasement of having them show up at your door and take you away in cuffs. is running worth it..

The cop needs to catch you on the bike, not just the bike. It could be someone else riding your bike. If you decide to not take this threads advice, and run, and make it, just don't go home...go to a friends. The cops don't have the man-power to sit on your house. You might get a call to come in, but at that point, the cops are out the evidence to convict you. You'll likely just be warned.

This thread should have stayed in the General Rob. It may just save lives.

I think 82Seca asking you to write up a generic letter is a great idea. If you're going to do something like this Rob, you have to do it with the assumption that "all people are stupid." Meaning you have to think of everything, where to send, what to send, how to avoid SPAM filters etc. Focus on the Charter of Rights And Freedoms that "every Canadian has the right to stand before a judge before being prosecuted." And point out that cops are high on adrenaline. They are not judges, and lack the objectivity of a judge. Focus on the downward spiral, i.e loss of license, loss of insurance equals loss of job, wife, family, ability to pay taxes. A high earner/tax-payer now is a transient. Make it short and keep repeating the Charter as that's what will grab a politicians eye. And if you can, get it done ASAP as throwing this issue at them last minute won't do a thing. Thanks!

It's already done: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum/showthread.php?147507-HTA-172-and-the-Provincial-Election

That's the whole point of HTA172, to make it so you don't want to risk losing your ride and your license at the side of the road, like these idiots did.

In other words, a very nice catch. Idiots all. Not what you want to be sharing the roads with.

Your advice is proof positive that HTA172 is having the desired effect.

Two of the three riders could have been walking home without their civil rights being violated and the third totally reamed by the insurance company if charges stuck. There is no need for the suspension of civil rights.

If a person can't competently or legally operate their motor vehicle then it gets taken to a safe place (Impound) until it can be safely moved to the owners chosen location. The reason's are DUI where the operator is incapable or legal reasons where the vehicle is unfit, unlicenced or un-insured.
To me switching plates is fraud as is flip ups, criminal charges in a court of law.

HTA wasn't needed to nail the three, only one. All it did was save the cops some paperwork by using the big brush instead of painting the true picture.

Based on what you posted I have no sympathy for the riders but I am not a judge, nor was the cop. You?? We try to guess.

Speeding is only one part of the act and one of the simplest. The loss of civil liberties can also come from vague "Out distance, seat position" roadside judgement calls. All with no recourse. Yeah you win in court after your bike has been maul-hauled to impound and you lose a couple of days pay for someone elses bad judgement or mood.

Back
Top Bottom