How To Beat HTA172 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How To Beat HTA172

great plan... btw a couple years back i got a ticket for doing 105km/h in a a 100km/h zone on highway 401 at 1 am...
when they gotta fill their quotas anything will do

I'm relaying information to you from cops. The trick or the mission is to break the current trend.

The point is to deflect attention off of sportbikes permanently and onto something else. Perhaps "texting and driving" could be seen (and come) an HTA172 offense. It should be. Perhaps the trend will turn towards minivan moms who kill people because they're doing so many things at once that the actual driving is their distraction.

There's an entire section on here of broken dreams (HTA172). If you have $10K to spend on a lawyer, and you are willing to accept that you'll never drive again, then by all means, ignore. We'll see you in the broken dreams section.

Getting into the mind of the simpleton that is a traffic cop, 29 over is a boring charge. He may not even bother lighting you up. If he does, he may not show for court. However, 51 over is as exciting as it gets in their world. It's their version of a federal murder case. And in their minds, they've taken a "dangerous criminal" off the streets.

Don't give them that opportunity to take your sportbikes anymore.

Break the trend!

30 over, under 150

Last edited:
Or, better still, make it plain to your elected representative that you don't support the abrogation on Charter Rights, that HTA 172 represents. Speeding is a crime. It isn't Criminal Code offence.

My mantra is 20 over maybe 25 on busy 400 series highways... If I'm 30 over its not for long.

I reserve my speed thrills for back roads that are at least an hour out of the GTA

+1 Campaign in motion.

How to beat HTA 172- learn the jedi mind-trick

cop- license and registration please, i'm giving you a ticket for stunting

rider- no you arent, you're going to give me all the money in your wallet, and the drugs you stash in your car.

cop- actually, im not going to charge you with anything, in fact, have some of my money, hold on, let me get something from my car for you as well.

rider- ok , but hurry up

--- 2 min later---

cop- here, take this as well, i usually smoke this before i roll into a parking lot and sleep for a few hours.

rider- thanks. you may go now.

cop- ok, im going now, have a great night.

There's a better way, don't pull over... You might crash and die, but you might just get away aswell saving yourself a ton of money, and headache especially when you have to call your wife to come pick you up cuz you got caught lol

There's a better way, don't pull over... You might crash and die, but you might just get away aswell saving yourself a ton of money, and headache especially when you have to call your wife to come pick you up cuz you got caught lol

hate to point out the obvious.. but most times the officer already has your plate recorded before he even attempts to pull you over in case you do run. so instead of a fine and a bike seizure for a week your looking at a huge fine, bike seizure and criminal charges and anything else the officer can think of.. goodbye licence forever. plus the embarrasement of having them show up at your door and take you away in cuffs. is running worth it..

Oh.. so you mean there are times and a places where speeding is relatively harmless and there are times and places where it isnt?

NO WAY!!

tumblr_lkbprhZZmd1qjutzao1_500.jpg

Or, better still, make it plain to your elected representative that you don't support the abrogation on Charter Rights, that HTA 172 represents. Speeding is a crime. It isn't Criminal Code offence.

Rob,

with the election happening in a couple of weeks, can you write something in a sticky that folks could copy/paste/email to the folks running in their riding that would set the demand to repeal this farce in an eloquent way?

I've said my piece to the door knockers and they pretend to "get it" but at this point I'm just angry white guy

polls say this election is coming down to the wire....so the vote is up for grabs, and putting it in writing (with an agreement to vote for the candidate if they.....) would likley pay dividends

you can take it to email and pms if ya want....but I need some help here

cheers

If your doing 150+ on the highway, I doubt the cop will see ur plate. You can also have the pivoting license plate brackets for that reason, and free rides on the 407. And if you are positive that the cop got ur plate but you got away, you can always park your bike at a mall go home and report it stolen. I wouldn't run cuz I don't ride that fast on the highway, I leave it for the backroads

Rob,

with the election happening in a couple of weeks, can you write something in a sticky that folks could copy/paste/email to the folks running in their riding that would set the demand to repeal this farce in an eloquent way?

I've said my piece to the door knockers and they pretend to "get it" but at this point I'm just angry white guy

polls say this election is coming down to the wire....so the vote is up for grabs, and putting it in writing (with an agreement to vote for the candidate if they.....) would likley pay dividends

you can take it to email and pms if ya want....but I need some help here

cheers

I'll see what I can come up with but, any way that I write it, it'll come out like a boiler plate letter.

Don't give them that opportunity to take your sportbikes anymore.

That's the whole point of HTA172, to make it so you don't want to risk losing your ride and your license at the side of the road, like these idiots did.
Motorcycle drivers lose their rides

A Mississauga man was among three motorcycle drivers who had their bikes impounded over the weekend after Ontario Provincial Police in Wellington County stopped them for speeding.

Responding to a tip, the OPP intercepted three speeding motorcycles north of Guelph on Saturday night.
Police said a caller reported the speeding bikes were being driven aggressively, passing other vehicles unsafely and weaving in and out of traffic.

It was just before 9 p.m. when police officers located the three suspects driving north along Hwy. 6.

A 26-year-old Mississauga man was one of three drivers charged with racing.

In addition, a Brampton man was charged with failing to surrender a driver’s permit and having no insurance.

A Hanover man was charged with driving while suspended, having no licence, using licence plates not for his motorcycle and having no insurance.

All three men had their motorcycles impounded for a week under the Highway Traffic Act. They are to appear in a Guelph court May 18.
In other words, a very nice catch. Idiots all. Not what you want to be sharing the roads with.

Your advice is proof positive that HTA172 is having the desired effect.

I'm out if I have to buy a supersport.

There are places where u can run and there are places where your **** out of luck. I have never, or do I plan to run from cops. But I would think if your gonna run at least be on the highway preferably in an area that you know. Running on streets is asking for a death sentence. In my opinion unless your on the highway going at least 50kms faster then the cop, pull over and hope for the best

There are places where u can run and there are places where your **** out of luck. I have never, or do I plan to run from cops. But I would think if your gonna run at least be on the highway preferably in an area that you know. Running on streets is asking for a death sentence. In my opinion unless your on the highway going at least 50kms faster then the cop, pull over and hope for the best

This one WAS on the highway. http://www.guelphmercury.com/news/lo...yclist-s-death

Poor guy, I guess the 30 over under 150 is a good idea, and keep the 150+ for the track. I'm still a newb lol, I still get butterflies when I get up to those speeds. I was just making a suggestion(prob not a good one lol) for the guys on 1000's who can get away from cops in a second if they really want to.

If your doing 150+ on the highway, I doubt the cop will see ur plate. You can also have the pivoting license plate brackets for that reason, and free rides on the 407. And if you are positive that the cop got ur plate but you got away, you can always park your bike at a mall go home and report it stolen.

the cop will see your plate as they will most likely pursue for some distance before pulling you over and likely you wont see him. my sportbike mirrors only give me a view of my arms and vibrate so much at high speed i cant make out whats behind me. these new stealth police cars are getting harder and harder to spot.

Hey Turbo, do you just call 911? or do you have every police department's phone number in your speed dial?

Back
Top Bottom