How much do you pay for insurance? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How much do you pay for insurance?

6 years with M and no claims you'll qualify for elite rider discount with Wawa, fyi. And yes i'm talking super sports.
Wawa will cover your "restricted" model bike if you are a senior citizen type with 7 years or more of continuous clean riding history. ...
Good, so was I.
:unsure: what bike did they tell you was restricted?

Good, so was I.
:unsure: what bike did they tell you was restricted?
I never called them for a quote because at the time i didn't meet the requirements.

Few friends have Fireblades insured with them, mid 20s, in Toronto, paying less than $1,500/yr as i recall.

Fireblades insured with them, mid 20s with Wawa :sneaky: sure hope they don't make any claims, I don't want my rates to needlessly go up.
Although they are already paying double my rates, they just haven't been paying as long.

51 in Port Credit, GM licensed and insured with State Farm/Desjardins for over 30 years, but no moto insurance between 2003-2006. My 2015 Ducati 821 Hyperstrada is $513/yr for comprehensive only ($500 deductible), and $300,000 liability (I have an additional $1M liability umbrella policy for $274/yr that covers everything I insure with them). My 2007 Aprilia SXV450 is $358, same coverage. I don't believe in having collision coverage on motorcycles, even though it doesn't save much. Keeps me from doing stupid(er) stuff.

I've compared at every renewal, and never found anyone cheaper for any of my bikes except my vintage Hawk. Multiple quotes from different brokers for Wawanessa and they usually recommend a different insurer for the lowest price (still more than Desjardins). I think the key with Desjardins is keeping the policy for more than a few years because it takes time for all the discounts to kick in. For example, the Hyperstrada on a brand new policy with Desjardins would have been a few hundred more.

Last edited:
Also, you bought a bike called a "Ninja"...

What are you? Five?

;)
I am 48, but thank you. This illustrates my point exactly, how insurers tend to paint everyone with the same brush. There's a disproportionate fixation on the bike (class, CC's, # of R's in the model name) over the rider (age, yrs exp., # of tickets/claims) in determining overall risk.

27, male, M2 2018, M 2020.

2015 CB300FA
1300/yr in Toronto

Policy renews soon so I need to shop around.
I know if I bundle it with my car it'll be around the $850/yr mark

I'm with Wawa. 55 years old. Stand alone policy. Riding 5 years. Was the cheapest I found.
Yep Wawanesa is one of our insurance options and have awesome rates for riders with more experience (y)?️ They do have a 999cc cap for sport bikes so they wont insure a Hayabusa for example. Each insurance company has their own "fit" so the more options a broker has to compare against, the better the final rate will be for you.

awesome rates :ROFLMAO: awesome for who?

How about we start a poll to see how many people spent more then 1$ per kilometre for insurance last year :|

Last edited:
MY 1441 is about 1250 a year, but alas I give them 2 cars, a home , etc....And I am not 21 lol not by 30 years

BB

I get absolutely butt f*cked on insurance for my DRZ - $2k/yr with no tickets.

I did get a 15 over speeding ticket in my Jeep last summer, so I'm wonder how that is going to hurt me even more come renewal in May.

I did get a 15 over speeding ticket in my Jeep last summer, so I'm wonder how that is going to hurt me even more come renewal in May.
maybe, maybe not. some dont care about those kind of tickets, some wont pull your record for renewal.

15 over in a Jeep, wow that cop must feel really proud for doing such a great job of keeping the roads safe from Jeeps going 15kph :LOL: faster then the posted speed limit. Our hero

15 over in a Jeep, wow that cop must feel really proud for doing such a great job of keeping the roads safe from Jeeps going 15kph :LOL: faster then the posted speed limit. Our hero
To his credit the 15 over was marked down from my actual speed. At 3:30am this guy was parked doing radar just outside of town and got me at 127 in an 80.

To his credit the 15 over was marked down from my actual speed. At 3:30am this guy was parked doing radar just outside of town and got me at 127 in an 80.
3 ticks shy of a walk home, close one.

$1609. Allstate. Renewal came this morning.
'19 FJR 1300.
65y/o. No claims. Last ticket is >3y/o.
My daily (up ~$200) and house ins with them.
I'm going shopping.

Back
Top Bottom