How much can you drink? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How much can you drink?

Seriously? 2 years back my wife thought it would be good try zero beers. She bought an assortment, I now have a fridge full of Heineken, Becks, Corona, Coors, Grolsch, and a 6 pack of Guinness.

My beer fridge gets more traffic than the 400 on a long weekend, I think those zero beers will still be there when I die.

Outside of water, Isn't alcohol the only ingredient in beer?
I agree. What is the point of 0% beer? It doesn't taste that good that I'd want to pay alcohol-prices for piss-water.

Seriously? 2 years back my wife thought it would be good try zero beers. She bought an assortment, I now have a fridge full of Heineken, Becks, Corona, Coors, Grolsch, and a 6 pack of Guinness.

My beer fridge gets more traffic than the 400 on a long weekend, I think those zero beers will still be there when I die.

Outside of water, Isn't alcohol the only ingredient in beer?
Yes! For me the Budweiser for instance is better than the alcohol variety.

1664 / Heineken 0% variants are decent, but not as good as the alcoholic versions.

There are so many options / flavours out there that you can always find something that works for your particular taste.

For me...I hope there's never a 0% whiskey.

For me...I hope there's never a 0% whiskey.
Isn't that just the other side of the distillate? They can sell booze for $1/oz and not booze for $1/oz. The not booze is just the swill left behind. It would be interesting to see what it tasted like if it was aged in barrels (probably not good but the base liquid is essentially free).

Boy, very strange question IMO.

I never drink when riding.

Other than that, one drink when out, having dinner and driving home. Generally, we have dinner, one drink if any, and then a 2 - 2.5 hour movie. I'm likely blowing near zero when driving home after the movie..

I didn’t realize there were so many tea toatlers out there!

I’ll confess, I like a drink (or four). Perhaps that’s the Irish in me shining thru, but a few pints at the local watering makes life fun.

I stay responsibly under the legal limits when driving, I’m a little less responsible when walking to the local watering holes near my house.

I’ll confess, I like a drink (or four). Perhaps that’s the Irish in me shining thru, but a few pints at the local watering makes life fun.

I stay responsibly under the legal limits when driving, I’m a little less responsible when walking to the local watering holes near my house.
Thanks for chiming in Mike. I was beginning to think I was an alcoholic after reading this thread.

I'm not anti-drinking but I am very aware of how wrong things can go when drinking and driving are combined. Pool is bad for my liver. Nice sunny day, friends over and make up pitchers of mojitos, Moscow mules and margaritas.

If I figure I want to drink a lot I'll mix a zero % with a light beer. It gets rid of the tinny taste of the zero stuff and I don't get tanked.

If your freezer is cold enough you can freeze a heavy mug, pour in a light beer and make yourself a beer slushie.

You get slushed instead of sloshed.

I find as I get older the alcohol just makes me sleepy. I sure love the taste of beer and wine. Craft brews draughts are my favourite. There is a local one, Market Brewing in Newmarket, that has great stuff. The wife has a small glass and I get to have a flight to taste what's new with the old favs(beer).
But I thought the question was about riding and imbibing.

Highly complicated answer to a simple question:
Usually zero if I'm on a bike.
1/hr if I'm in a car.
Drivers in Toronto and Scarborough are complete f'n morons. Can I ride after a drink, probably. I've done it a handful of times. It's dealing with the people around me that gets tricky.
As for limits, I wouldn't even come close to pushing a .05% BAC on a bike. Not a chance. I have two kids, a wife, and a dog to support. I can't afford to do anything that could affect that. I'm also a motorcycle instructor, if I lose points, I lose my instructor gig.
This weekend past I was doing an M exam (on road) in Etobicoke. I watched as a driver decided to split the lane with the rider I was tailing, on the right between her and curb. I watched as another car (SUV) decided to cut off another test rider on the Gardiner. An Audi almost tapped a rider at waiting at the lights on Islington. 3 incidents in one morning. It's getting stupid out there, I need all of my wits when I'm on my bike. 30 years ago I was 30 years younger, stupider, and single. I was more willing to take risks, and the roads had a LOT fewer cars, and seemingly fewer idiots. I took chances. Now some days I look in the mirror and think "how the **** am I still alive?".

Anyone planning a brewery tour, or winery tour on motorcycles should have their head examined. I'll ride for donuts. I'll ride for food. I'll meet you anywhere for coffee, or a decent band. Beer? Nope, I'll take my car.

Not to get off-topic too much but I suspect the driver that went past on the right (while I assume the rider was in the left track), likely thought "oh, that's nice of you to move over to let me go through".

It's dumb of the driver for sure but they don't know they're being dumb. They could be doing what they've always done where they came from (big assumption again that they're new to Canada but have a look around on the roads 1 day and I bet you'll agree).

It's a training issue when M licenses are gotten and I betcha that's not covered. Yeah, common sense & an iota of brains comes in but I'll stop while I'm ahead ... ;)

If I figure I want to drink a lot I'll mix a zero % with a light beer. It gets rid of the tinny taste of the zero stuff and I don't get tanked.
Cracked Canoe is good for this. Lighter then a light beer. Perfect for when I ride/drive to family BBQs.

Also I like the watered down pun in the name.

Back
Top Bottom