How long should things last? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How long should things last?

I'm old enough to remember going to the hardware store with the old boy and watching him test tubes out of the TV on their self serve tube tester.

img.axd

You young guys had it made. My old boy sent me, with a box of tubes and about $1.25 in change to do the testing and buying. Our nearest drugstore also had the tester with the cabinet in the bottom to store all the new commonly used tubes.
I've still got my grampa's tube radio. AM, Short Wave, and Police Band. Circa 1895-1905. Still works fine, even the original 10" speaker is in good shape well over 100yrs old.

Yeah, most likely the cat.
Plus the PCM/ECM,
emissions warranty basically reads that if your emission control equipment is malfunctioning they have to warranty it for longer then your power train warranty.

Amazing enough, cleaning up the environment is becoming a pretty big thing. Blows me away that millennial generation thinks it's ok to buy a practically new vehicle and promptly remove the stuff that is required to be on there for street application, because EPA law is not currently being strictly enforced. Do they still dump their used antifreeze and motor oil down the storm drains or toilet too, or do people generally recognize that's not cool?

I've been to the drug store to check and replace tubes before. I know someone that builds tube amps now. In any case we went from a 12" black and white that sat on top of an old dresser, to a big console with one of these:
Zenith_200_1952.jpg

The springs for it cost a fortune, so you had to be very careful with it, or so I was told by my dad. It was a lot of work to go from channel six Toronto to channel three Barrie, and channel eleven Hamilton.
I loved those remotes. My uncle binned his when he sold his cottage and I was sad I didn't get the remote. His was a slightly fancier tuning fork remote more like the pic below. No batteries, always worked, just quite loud in operation.
28640904ae7239d82dca6c35c6ed6a31.jpg

Plus the PCM/ECM,
emissions warranty basically reads that if your emission control equipment is malfunctioning they have to warranty it for longer then your power train warranty.

Amazing enough, cleaning up the environment is becoming a pretty big thing. Blows me away that millennial generation thinks it's ok to buy a practically new vehicle and promptly remove the stuff that is required to be on there for street application, because EPA law is not currently being strictly enforced. Do they still dump their used antifreeze and motor oil down the storm drains or toilet too, or do people generally recognize that's not cool?
Removing emission equipment is totally a millennial thing.

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk
Also slightly related to the number of turbo cars available now. Removing the cat is a cheap way to a ton more power. Something like a GESI cat can get you similar power while retaining some level of emission reduction (not sure how much compared to stock) but at 5 times the price.

Sadly the carbon tax is probably a response to that exact problem, where is that money going to go other then bigger government to enforce EPA laws.

The Carbon Tax absolves you of all your pollution sins. No longer do you need to feel any remorse about consuming fossil fuels, the penance is now included in the price.

Or maybe just an incentive for everyone to move to alternatives,
like a cake tax might make you rethink your dietary choices

I loved those remotes. My uncle binned his when he sold his cottage and I was sad I didn't get the remote. His was a slightly fancier tuning fork remote more like the pic below. No batteries, always worked, just quite loud in operation.
28640904ae7239d82dca6c35c6ed6a31.jpg

If you had this TV you could jingle a handful of nickles and get some RANDOM function on the TV.

The Carbon Tax absolves you of all your pollution sins. No longer do you need to feel any remorse about consuming fossil fuels, the penance is now included in the price.

... sorta like saying "Sorry" after mowing down a busload of babies. All is well NOW.

Just like the disposal tax on new tires.
I can afford it and now enjoy my consumption of fossil fuels even more now that my tax payments are solving climate change. Let the poor people move to alternatives.
What if that money goes straight into enforcement? Are you compliant? (y) I am.

There was a news feature the other evening that wood fired pizza ovens and grills are creating breathiung issues in municipal centers.
Im waiting for my local wood pizza guy to inform me there is a carbon tax on hickory and maple firewood, pizza is up a buck.

#makeTrudeauadramateacheragian

There was a news feature the other evening that wood fired pizza ovens and grills are creating breathiung issues in municipal centers.
Im waiting for my local wood pizza guy to inform me there is a carbon tax on hickory and maple firewood, pizza is up a buck.

#makeTrudeauadramateacheragian
They analyzed Montreal air quality alerts and realized that the majority were triggered by monitoring locations close to wood-fired pizza places. They moved monitoring locations and the number of alerts collapsed.

Don't forget. Your carbon tax rebate is considered income and you get taxed on it.

Good to know...I’ll keep riding the 2-stroke guilt-free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can afford it and now enjoy my consumption of fossil fuels even more now that my tax payments are solving climate change. Let the poor people move to alternatives.
Me too. I like my bikes bigger than 1l, cars bigger than 5l, and boats with 2 bigger than 7l. Paying carbon tax on fuel takes my guilt and makes me feel goo that I'm chipping in my fair share to fight climate change.

Back
Top Bottom