How do you deal with stupid drivers? | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

How do you deal with stupid drivers?

I live my life and earn my living on the road.
Just assume the drivers around you will make that stupid move you expect and be ready for them when they do. Be shocked when they drive safely.
It's worked for me and it's taken the surprise out of people's driving habits.
not good enough. You have to assume that they'll make multiple mistakes, and you at least one.

I don't make mistakes, unless we are talking about women I date or have married.
Sometimes it's as simple as not realizing how incredibly stupid and self involved some drivers can be, other times it can be more complex.

I thought that I made a mistake once, but later found out that I was wrong.

I give them the finger or otherwise just ignore them. The finger has calmed down with age. Sometimes I'll troll them for a bit. After commuting in the city for a few years nothing surprises me anymore. The smart thing to do is to just ignore them and either try to let them past or just get away from them because you'll never win if they decide to run you over.

Back in the day we used to keep a handful of pennies or small washers in a pocket we could reach while riding. If someone was being too aggressive behind us we would grab a few and the reach down and drop them on the road or toss them over our shoulder. The pennies would bounce up and ping off the front of the vehicle. Some times it would just make a terrible racket and a paint chip or two, sometimes they would crack a windshield, sometimes they would pop a hole in a rad. Nowadays I just figure it isn't worth it (because the guy probably has a dash cam and would have a great video of me doing it) and I pull over to the right side of my lane and wave them past if they're being too crazy. If they're just generally being a jerk but not in a life threatening way I just slow down 5km/h and continue on my ride.

Back in the day we used to keep a handful of pennies or small washers in a pocket we could reach while riding.

Used spark plugs.

Back in the day, "some" people assumed that other drivers weren't as crazy, or as drunk, as them.

Back
Top Bottom