How Do Motorcycles Lean So Far Without Tipping Over? | GTAMotorcycle.com

How Do Motorcycles Lean So Far Without Tipping Over?

Not very scientific. It is not really called a fake force, forgot what's it called, but in Math it is called a Vector.

A Force is defined as a push or a pull.

Acceleration happens whenever there is a change in direction. Doesn't have to be a change of speed.

Enough nerd talk for the day

Not very scientific. It is not really called a fake force, forgot what's it called, but in Math it is called a Vector.

A Force is defined as a push or a pull.

Acceleration happens whenever there is a change in direction. Doesn't have to be a change of speed.

Enough nerd talk for the day

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrifugal_force

And every F is a V, due to having a magnitude and a direction.

Last edited:
For a scientific write-up I'm surprised they didn't use the established scientific terms to describe things appropriately.

What they call 'fake force' is more commonly known at 'Centrifugal force'.

Exactly centrifigual force. But if they lean TOO far then the do tip over...lol commonly called a low side, or the pegs strike an object, (the ground)... Most riders try to avoid this

Well that was awful. I guess wheels and engines don't have gyroscopic forces at pseudo-science magazines.

sketches_spring_2015_key2.jpg

The force pointing downward can affect lean angle depends on the weight of the testicles.

Well that was awful. I guess wheels and engines don't have gyroscopic forces at pseudo-science magazines.

sketches_spring_2015_key2.jpg

The force pointing downward can affect lean angle depends on the weight of the testicles.

True story.

[video=youtube;GeyDf4ooPdo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeyDf4ooPdo[/video]

For a scientific write-up I'm surprised they didn't use the established scientific terms to describe things appropriately.

What they call 'fake force' is more commonly known at 'Centrifugal force'.

They do call it that, right in the article

Back
Top Bottom