hope you're not out there riding - Hail storm | GTAMotorcycle.com

hope you're not out there riding - Hail storm

I was at my desk and one of my co workers told me it looked like it was about to dump outside. I took my bike home, picked up my cage and as soon as I got back to the office the sky opened.

LUCKY!

Barely made it in the garage before all hell broke loose. been lucky with this weather 2 days in a row.

Ditto!!
Just got home and it dumped bigtime... I pity those out there when it hit

Lucky today, but not so lucky last Thursday in Burlington. Scary as 5hit storm to ride in.

Just got in from Port Perry, going through Ajax the streets were filled curb to curb almost drowned the motor on Church Street - good thing I have dry clothes here at work.

We went out to Tottenham, felt the drizzle....

Did not make it home dry.

Bike was bogging, water in my shoes, the wind pelting the rain against my face.

Nasty stuff.

Hydro planing - zero visibility.

Now I'm dry and sitting in front of the fire place with a glass of wine.

The tree in the backyard took out part of the fence and a huge branch was in the pool.

Not a biggy... life goes on.

f86fba68.jpg

Sunshine from Belfountain to Guelph after one cell dumped hard.....

Sat out another pretty violent one in Guelph - then followed it home in sunshine but damn was it black over Toronto,,,kinda neat the contrast.

Wet roads but dry rider - had rain jacket on but did not need it.

The front that came through Guelph was very abrupt and violent.....much cooler air behind it was refreshing.....

Hope all home safe

Sort of rode all the way home behind this in crisp sunshine. :D

Severe thunderstorm watch issued for Toronto

Environment Canada issued a severe thunderstorm warning for Toronto briefly Sunday afternoon.

"One particular thunderstorm cluster is now moving, at this moment, southeast at 100 kilometres per hour and producing also very strong gusts, close to 90 km/h," said meteorologist Sarah Wong during the storm.

That cluster was right over Toronto, with torrential rain drenching the city. Twenty to 40 millimetres rain fell in no more than 15 minutes, Wong said.

The warning was downgraded to a watch shortly after 3:20 p.m.

Much of southern Ontario continues to be under a severe thunderstorm watch, Wong said.

The alert warns of conditions that could lead to severe storms Sunday afternoon and evening.

Wind gusts of up to 90 km/h, hail of up to 2 centimetres in diameter, and heavy downpours are likely in severe thunderstorms, the agency says. Tornadoes are also possible.

Blew through Guelph while I was at Planet Bean - then the sun came out - wet roads but lovely air for a lazy ride home on the back roads.

Saw a largish group of riders at the Ice House - many at the Shed today

i remember riding in hail last year outside of Guelph and it was like hundreds of ppl throwing rocks at you as you ride.. man it hurt! Safe travels everyone

Got dumped on out at Mosport and then rode hom in pouring rain for a bit until Oshawa and the skies were sunny and clear go figure in a city of one way streets.

Did anyone happen to have their bikes parked outside when this happened?

If so, did it sustain any damage from the hail?

you sure??

gjr106_Ontario__1310624cl-8.jpg

That'd what Goderich looked like - one dead :( and a mess.

Believe Ive been through two near misses with twisters while trying to hold the bike up on the side of the road....neither was fun and neither rideable.
You can't believe the power....and you just never know when a particular cell is violent.
Best avoided tho I also enjoy wild weather.

$6000 initial estimate (it's gonna be way higher) for the hail damage to my car from the last big hail storm last month. I've been busy so the car isn't scheduled to go to the bodyshop until tomorrow. As the car sat outside in the storm I really wasn't too worried as it already looks like a black golfball :)
Actually if it got damaged to the point it would be written off that would be awesome! (new car!).

I felt the pain over my leather jacket. And I gave up on checking blind spots, because every time I turn my head to sides, hail would hit me on my neck. That was very painful when riding on 401 around the speed limit.

Sure it was still FUN tho ! I get soaked but I still don't mind the rain.

Thankfully I was overcome with the urge to watch movies all day yesterday. I had no idea it was going to rain, I emerged from by basement and was blown away by how bad the weather was - out of nowhere it seemed. Bike was outside, no issues. My bikes seen alot of bad weather unfortunately.

Rode to the gym. Was about done and looked out and saw it storming..so stayed at the gym. Suppose it was win-win, though doesn't feel like that this morning!

Back
Top Bottom