Honda Neo Sports Café Concept Heads to Production As CB650R | GTAMotorcycle.com

Honda Neo Sports Café Concept Heads to Production As CB650R

roadrash

https://www.rideapart.com/articles/274818/honda-cb650r-2018-eicma/

Looks fantastic and would be a hit, IMO.

Thoughts?

fJu5dgj.jpg

I've seen ugly before......and it looks just like that!

Ugly ugly very ugly
The Japanese brands always seem to screw up a retro type look like this.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Looks great to me...my buddy has the 300. It looks sweet if a little small. This'll sell well I am sure.

Ugly ugly very ugly
The Japanese brands always seem to screw up a retro type look like this.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I wouldn't characterize this as a retro design look. More like your typical japanese inline 4 sport naked, complete with the akward-shaped single headlight and upper fairing. Not really my cup of tea.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

This CB650R does not look great. The styling seems confused... Honda *can* do retro, the CB1100 looks much better

Nice bike! but there is absolutely nothing Neo Sports Cafe or Retro about it.
... and a Scrambler is a dirt bike, that's no dirt bike. It is a demonstration of how narrow Honda can build a traverse 4 cylinder engine.

Love it! But lets stop calling naked sports bikes "cafe" bikes and reserve that for the appropriate era bikes.

I like it....granted I also like the redesigned CB1000R as well.

It would be cool if they did a CB650R single based on the CB300R, which I think is a neat little bike. Suzuki's TU250 would also be a good candidate for the 650 treatment; albeit retro-style.
Thumpers are great engines, but other than KTM, no one really builds modern street singles.

Last edited:
I like this better than the styling on the CB650F for sure. I much prefer the looks of the new CB1100 but the price tag scares a lot of folks away from it and I think that is why they are going with the "neo-retro" styling vs the actual retro styling, it's cheaper to produce. Plastics and painted metals are cheaper. Not many folks going to fork over the extra cash for a chromed out 650 no matter how good it looks.

If I had the $$ and time for a second ride I'd give this a close look.

The production bike isn't even close to the concept....well done honda...u f $# up another one

It would be cool if they did a CB650R single based on the CB300R, which I think is a neat little bike. Suzuki's TU250 would also be a good candidate for the 650 treatment; albeit retro-style.
Thumpers are great engines, but other than KTM, no one really builds modern street singles.

the TU250x is a great looking bike. looks retro without feeling forced.

the closest i've seen in terms of a new bike that looks like that would be the new royal enfield interceptor 650.

re-interceptor-2_720x540.jpg

oh i forgot, the kawasaki w800 is also making a comeback in canada!

2019-Kawasaki-W800-Street.jpg

i dont like the look of the new neo/retro bikes from honda at all. considering how popular the old 70s cb-style bikes have been in terms of style, i dont see why they cant make a version more akin to that instead.

Digging the w800. I dub the CB650R a Coffee Racer.

they can call it what ever they like I suppose.... but they really shouldn't call it Neo Sport Cafe in North America. Just stick with naked or street fighter?

Anyways, I really dig the looks of the new Nakeds from Honda. They are a great all round bikes that look really nice in person. I think they will sell very well. The Cb300r looks fantastic and has gotten great reviews, I assume the reviews will all be positive for this bike as well. And its much nicer looking than the out going CB650f thats for sure.

The black styling looks pretty bad-***.

Back
Top Bottom