Hit and run on my parked bike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hit and run on my parked bike

I had a pickup truck knock my parked bike over in the parking lot behind my place. Lucky there were cameras and I found out who did it, but the police didn't care and wouldn't even look at the video, even though it shows him try and pick up the bike twice and possibly damaging it more before taking off. They refused to move a finger besides writing the accident report.

My insurance covered everything, but being a 20 year old bike I can't get any of the fairings replaced.

See my old post here:

...and here's the vid of the weasel.

I had a pickup truck knock my parked bike over in the parking lot behind my place. Lucky there were cameras and I found out who did it, but the police didn't care and wouldn't even look at the video, even though it shows him try and pick up the bike twice and possibly damaging it more before taking off. They refused to move a finger besides writing the accident report.

My insurance covered everything, but being a 20 year old bike I can't get any of the fairings replaced.

See my old post here:

That was painful to watch :(

See my old post here:

But really, what else did you expect them to do in this case? You have proof of the person who did it, and you provide that for the accident report. Unsure if you can see the plate, but your insurance is about comprehensive coverage. Unsure what else the police would do.

Reactions: J_F
But really, what else did you expect them to do in this case? You have proof of the person who did it, and you provide that for the accident report. Unsure if you can see the plate, but your insurance is about comprehensive coverage. Unsure what else the police would do.
Drop a hit and run charge on the dbag so he learns his lesson and doesn't do it again? If he had left a note with contact info, I would say mistakes happen but choosing to drive away shows he thinks he can get away with this type of behaviour (and the police followup proves that he is correct). There is a video showing date and time, vehicles involved, good images of driver, proof that he knew he hit something (staring at the upright bike, knocking it over and then trying to get it back up), and then him leaving. Pretty open and shut. At the very least a hit and run charge would make him pay for a good lawyer to get him off on a technicality.

Drop a hit and run charge on the dbag so he learns his lesson and doesn't do it again? If he had left a note with contact info, I would say mistakes happen but choosing to drive away shows he thinks he can get away with this type of behaviour (and the police followup proves that he is correct). There is a video showing date and time, vehicles involved, good images of driver, proof that he knew he hit something (staring at the upright bike, knocking it over and then trying to get it back up), and then him leaving. Pretty open and shut. At the very least a hit and run charge would make him pay for a good lawyer to get him off on a technicality.

Didn't even think of the charge aspect.

Still waiting for insurance to get back to me but I took it to my dealership and the repairs should be less than my deductible. I spoke with the officer at the Collision Reporting Centre and she said that there's very low chance of the guy getting charged. So I can pay for someone to damage my bike or try to get insurance to go after him and raise my premiums. Love the insurance industry!
ur premiums arent gonna be raised for that. not sure where this wives tale came from. its not true. hit and run so its zero fault. ur insurance will cancel your policy if u do claim after claim after claim, i'm talking like 3+ in a short time span

Eff all that noise!

No disrespect to you @D-J don't take this personal i respect your and everyone's opinion, but there are so much scum on this planet that quotes as mentioned above are the reason most get away with all the **** they do.

Didn't someone famous also say "Revenge is a dish best served cold" :D ;)

Oscar Wilde IIRC.

Someone else wrote, to the effect," Continually thinking of revenge is like letting someone live, rent free, in your mind."

Why a hit and run is so despicable:

The offender has no idea of who he / she is hurting and their financial situation. Single mom, etc.

It may be a junker car but a person's only transportation to work.

They may be scraping by and don't have the money to replace it, pay deductible if they even have it.

The car may be old but reliable. What they get from insurance may get them a similar aged car but the reliability will be in question.

It isn't that much different that planting a land mine. The perpetrator doesn't know who he's going to hurt and doesn't care.

Hit and run drivers are lower than a thief.

Back
Top Bottom