Hi all, | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hi all,

tonycer

New guy here from maple, auto mechanic by trade. Ride a 99 ducati 750ss, just finnishing a yamaha xs 650 bobber project. Looking at a 86 suzuki rg500 gamma, price is good. Anyone have any input or experience on this bike? Have always like them, now have a change to get one. Thanks, Tony.

Welcome to the forum!
Would love to see pics of that bobber!

Sent from the Purple Zone

The RG is a terrible bike. I'll take it for parts. Send me the details....but in case you decide to get it, it will give you a thrill that's for sure....

Welcome to GTAM.

New guy here from maple, auto mechanic by trade.

:cool: Maybe you can tell us:
Do you need to be a motorcycle certified mechanic to road certify a motorcycle or can any auto mechanic provide that service?
... that question popped up in another thread.

Welcome to GTAM Duc guy.

raced that bike in the 80's .narrow powerband (like any 2 strokes) ,quite nimble,but was very prone to tankslapper. very,very short footprint ; i was about to get some snowmobile rotary valves to widen the powerband, then the 1st CBR's landed on the market.now,it would make a very nice street bike with some cool arrow pipes. i regretted selling mine.should had kept it . 3 decades has past, and i now would jump on the occasion if a lightly uised one was showing up.i heard (licorns probably) suzook has b rand new units collecting dust in crates in canada. would stretch the asked money if one was offered to me,no doubts.

Still a work in progress. Hope to have it out this year...

Attachments

• IMG_1453.JPG
    IMG_1453.JPG
    884 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
weew nice! had the black finish scheme version.so you've got wheels and pipes for it!! i remember that,brunet's re-bored RG's were pushing over 110 HP's lol. personnally i had a twin clicker rear shock, the oil pump removed,and was looking for rotary valves and wheels.

Back
Top Bottom