Hey everyone! | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hey everyone!

@voyageur the FZ6 was a naked (or at least semi-naked) version with much more horsepower than the FZ6R (fully faired) which replaced it...I believe the FZ6 was in the 90hp range, while the FZ6R was around 74hp...two different animals... :D

@voyageur the FZ6 was a naked (or at least semi-naked) version with much more horsepower than the FZ6R (fully faired) which replaced it...I believe the FZ6 was in the 90hp range, while the FZ6R was around 74hp...two different animals... :D

Apologies, it might just be the FZ6r. I did a deep dive into my archives and managed to get a pic of that motorcycle. I think he sold this and moved on to an S1000R now.View attachment DSC_0360-edit.jpg

Apologies, it might just be the FZ6r. I did a deep dive into my archives and managed to get a pic of that motorcycle. I think he sold this and moved on to an S1000R now.View attachment 44911
Yes, that is a pre 2009 fz6 with 90 or so horsepower. The one in your picture has optional lower fairings, but the twin under tail exhaust is a dead giveaway.
The 2010 and up is an fz6r, 65ish hp, factory full fairings.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

F4i was always a real nice one. You may be tempted with the possibility of a 696 twin for the street. Without a fist full of continuous years insured and a proven record, the insurance alone could afford you one for the street and one for the track ?

F4i was always a real nice one. You may be tempted with the possibility of a 696 twin for the street. Without a fist full of continuous years insured and a proven record, the insurance alone could afford you one for the street and one for the track ?

I'm not making insurance companies richer...even if that means riding a Z125 lol

Called over a dozen of insurance agents and companies, dropped the idea of f4i as it is also considered as a supersport. Most insurance either won't quote or quote north of 350 per month. Even CBR500R quotes were 285 per month from Intact :rolleyes:

It's most likely that I would end up looking for an SV650 or an FZ6r. Planning to wait it out a bit!

Don’t be shy to call a guy up from a big company.

They have lists with 100s of brokers online with these little pictures. Find someone with an interesting name or bad hair and give them a call. You’ll be surprised with what you find from a guy who’s probably never insured a motorcycle. Places like intact are absolute jokers but that’s another topic of conversation. I had two brokers at a motorcycle specific brokerage lie to me about how theirs and similar companies underwriting is determined in two separate instances recently.

Don’t be shy to call a guy up from a big company.They have lists with 100s of brokers online with these little pictures. Find someone with an interesting name or bad hair and give them a call. You’ll be surprised with what you find from a guy who’s probably never insured a motorcycle.

Sure, will do! Thanks for that :)

Hey folks, I have decided to go with SV650. Insurance makes the most sense for SVs after calling over a dozen agents/companies.

I was checking out the below motorcycle and chatting with the owner. What do you guys think about the pricing? If it is in good condition, what should be a good price for this bike?

Also, if anyone is free on Sat morning, and willing to join me for checking this one out....please do. Coffee and donuts on me.

Back
Top Bottom