Helplease... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Helplease...

fjbabe

Hello All..
well like everyone I am itching to get my bike out but slight problem, and although I have a couple friends to help just cant seem to get it fast enough so would like some advice,

My battery is dead n I dont have a charger "YET" in the mean time I was told I could boost my bike with car but with out turning car on. Is this correct? or should I wait for my friend to bring the charger? For the record I know how to boost cars but thinking its a little diiferent with bike..

Thanks in advance.... Just really wanna hear my bike start again lol :p

Not sure it's actually safe, but I've done that in years past before I got a trickle charger.
I had the car running before connecting... not sure if turning over the car's engine causes any 'spikes'.

I haven't had anything blow up... but that might just be luck.

Good luck!

Do not turn car on at all while boosting.
Car should be turned off while boosting.

Last edited:
Not sure it's actually safe, but I've done that in years past before I got a trickle charger.
I had the car running before connecting... not sure if turning over the car's engine causes any 'spikes'.

I haven't had anything blow up... but that might just be luck.

Good luck!

Oh my lol thank you.,, I was told not to on the car completely as it would be to much power.. whats the cost for the charger? do you know? and wheres good place to get one? maybe I will just buy one this week? lol

For the trickle charger you can use a Deltran Battery Tender Junior. You can get at Royal Distributing for about $35. Other motorcycle shops should have something similar

cables on car first or bike? Just wanna be safe n not blow up my bike...... Lol

You can connect the car first.

Here is a good video on both jumpstarting and bumpstarting a motorcycle.
How to jump start, bump start a motorcycle

[video=youtube;7UeIJxcSN9s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UeIJxcSN9s[/video]

Bump starting is discussed in the video above. However if you have a car available for jump starting the motorcycle, just go with that.

Bump starting is a good thing to try at least once, so can do it if stranded with a dead battery out on the road with no car or charger in site.

bump starting is discussed in the video above. However if you have a car available for jump starting the motorcycle, just go with that.

Bump starting is a good thing to try at least once, so can do it if stranded with a dead battery out on the road with no car or charger in site.

awesome video to learn.. Thank you

Never ever jump start anything with your automobile running. Today's vehicles are computerized and will start to adjust on the spikes and draws. Be safe and always have your vehicle turned off.

Canadian tire - Noco genius battery charger/conditioner 750...$40 or go for the 3500 for $80 and recondition your battery if it is salvageable.

Last edited:
Welcome!!
Wheelie.gif

i bump start my bikes side saddle. my cbx is 600lbs and it's alot easier to start on my own that way. i learned this method from racing at mosport, the le mons start.

Back
Top Bottom