help with a 2000 sv650s sitting for 6 years | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

help with a 2000 sv650s sitting for 6 years

I also got sport bike lines specifically for the SV and they're both labeled left and right and it comes with the longer banjo bolt for the master cylinder to accept two lines but each line goes to one caliper there's no split linePXL_20231202_225047474.MP.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Does this look right to you guys does it look like it has enough thread. I can't find install instructions online but anytime I've seen a video where two lines go to each caliper they put a washer in between the two lines and this is everything that came with the lines.

Please help...PXL_20231202_233310384.jpgPXL_20231202_233420211.jpg

Does this look right to you guys does it look like it has enough thread. I can't find install instructions online but anytime I've seen a video where two lines go to each caliper they put a washer in between the two lines and this is everything that came with the lines.

Please help...View attachment 64680View attachment 64681

I think that looks right. Others have had far more bikes apart. Don't tighten that assembly until you think you are finished. The ability of copper to seal rapidly diminishes with pressure cycles.

trying my hand at plastic welding for the orig fairings. good god im getting high. I had to setup a bench outside garage. i got abs rods from Princess auto and I have a flat plate on a staple welding gun. its working but a mess.

if you guys are interested i can post pics.

p.s. im working on the bikes but instead i should be working on myself to get into my race suit. lol

trying my hand at plastic welding for the orig fairings. good god im getting high. I had to setup a bench outside garage. i got abs rods from Princess auto and I have a flat plate on a staple welding gun. its working but a mess.

You shouldn't get high off abs, it just stinks. If you want to really feel the burn, heat pvc and it offgasses hydrochloric acid.

actually i tried a white pipe i had laying around thinking it was abs but it was pvc i think thats what did me in.

also if anyone has 120/160 17 scrub tires maybe last one trackday. pm me. Tires on bike are 14 years old and cracked and rear wont old air.

Can anyone give me a link to a online fuel filter?

Inline?

This thread seems to have far more useful knowledge than I could ever give you.

Sv650 fuel filter is connected to the vacuum petcock. Butmine was old and clogged so I took it off and wanted to know a good filter to connect to the fuel line outside the tank before it goes into the carbs.

Pics please. I have 99-02 oem lower fairings I want to plastic weld.

Back
Top Bottom