help! Somewhere not so straight in the GTA?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

help! Somewhere not so straight in the GTA??

RoninRider

Hey everyone, probably posted somewhere already but haven't been able to find.
I've ridden a 1000cc GSXR and R1 for years and always got my fill for cornering at Mosport or Shannonville. However, as I get older my time folded up like a pretzels on a bike has shortened tremendously. Knee pains, back pains, neck pains, wrist pains, butt pains, i could go on. I've since moved to a more comfortable ride and retired from the track.
Are there any roads in the GTA area where I can still put my bike through the paces even for short periods at a time where I don't have to ride 4 like 6 hrs just to get there? Never needed to look before and man is it hard to find in my area.
Please help me find some twisties.
Thanks to alll

Just north of the zoo there is about 1 k of decent riding area for street bikes,
or you could do laps in the east overflow parking lot until security discovers you and kicks you out.

... in other words :/ plan on traveling at least 2 or 3 hours to find somewhere you can really stretch her legs.
Canadian shield is your friend, aim for the places where the glaciers were kind to us.

and the map in my sig below

The DVP ...when there's no traffic.
Mississauga Road from Dundas St. to Glen Oaks Blvd is but a couple minutes of pure bliss, but only when there's no traffic. LOL

Sent from my SGH-M919V using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Watch if you're around the zoo alone, someone crashed into the leaves in the fall, and it was hours before someone found them.

Edit: anywhere that's less populated, and has ditches, leaf covering.

How fast do you have to be going before the DVP is interesting? I have never tried it above cruising speed.
lol love the wording of the question but that’s a slippery slope man. In that case, at the right speed, I can turn even a Tim Hortons drive through in to an interesting drive.

Covid really opened up the public racetracks. Ahem, I mean roads. There is a good chance of another opportunity to set lap records in october or november.
Yes it was pretty open, but once stage 3 hit around here there was a noticeable increase in traffic, but not to normal levels yet.

Yup lots of a-holes taking advantage of abusing it.

Little short bits in and around town...

- Bayview from Moore to Gerrard
- convair drive (south edge of Pearson airport
- King Vaughn road, Hockley and Forks loop if you go northwest.

Realistically... In the city, it's a city so what can you expect.

Sent from my BLA-L29 using Tapatalk

lots of good replies, but I'll put my 2 cents in as well

when communities were surveyed back in the day
the goal was to have a grid

twisty roads were sometimes required to go around natural obstacles
mountains, lakes, rivers too wide to build a bunch of bridges etc.

some cities in the world are built around these natural features
so they have some twisty roads

TO doesn't seen to have many of those features
so the British surveyors were allowed to fulfill their destiny of a grid

there are some places with twisty roads where they don't seem to be required
typically inhabited by Roman Catholics with lots of vowels in their names
and much tastier food

Back
Top Bottom