Help fixing my bike!! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help fixing my bike!!

zoom91

Hi,
Ive got a 92 zx7 and by push rod seal started leaking, im in the process of replacing it, but have run into a problem to access the seal I need to remove the chain and then re-install it once im done! But I have no idea or tools to do this. Is there anyone that know how to remove the stock chain and then reinstall it that could help me out??? Or lend me their chain breaking/riveting tool?? I live in milton. Thanks

Last edited:
Do you pics of where this push rod it?

Instead of cutting the chain....have you considered removing the chain from the sprocket?

remove the counter shaft sprocket with the chain on, but you need to take off the slack by moving the rear wheel forward. the seal should be easy.

remove the counter shaft sprocket with the chain on, but you need to take off the slack by moving the rear wheel forward. the seal should be easy.

Are you sure that the seal is around the chain / sprocket??? hard to belive that the push rod seal into the trans is around the sprocket...usually they are kept away to prevent contamination

EDIT: Yes you are right..the older models the sprocket needs to come off...the newer models just the sprocket cover...

Last edited:
yea, i gotta take the transmission cover off, does anyone have any idea what size the nut on the front sprocket is??

Back
Top Bottom