Helmet exemption for Sikhs/turbans | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Helmet exemption for Sikhs/turbans

Nobody should have special privileges based on religious beliefs. Absolutely ridiculous.

This.

Religion has caused more problems than not. Before brown Muslims blowing things up, we already had white Catholics shoving their values down people's throats with a bible in one hand and gun in another (look up what happened with Japan, and India.)

There might be other religiousness **** shows between the two; I'm not a history major.

This.

Religion has caused more problems than not. Before brown Muslims blowing things up, we already had white Catholics shoving their values down people's throats with a bible in one hand and gun in another (look up what happened with Japan, and India.)

There might be other religiousness **** shows between the two; I'm not a history major.
The 2 biggest factors for War are land or religion, nothing else comes close.

Saw a baller repping a aqua blue turban on his harley a couple days ago at Cawthra and Burnhamthorpe. No gloves either....straight up boss

Damn, and some mornings I don't even have enough time to pour a coffee for my commute to work.....

O.REG 610
6. (1) A person who is driving a motorcycle or a motor assisted bicycle is not required to comply with subsection 104 (1) of the Act if the person,
(a) holds a valid Class M1, M2 or M driver’s licence;
(b) is 18 years old or older;
(c) practises the Sikh religion;
(d) has unshorn hair; and
(e) habitually wears a turban and, at the time of driving, is wearing a turban.

I don't think the police will have any legal way of verifying that. Asking someone's religion is begging for discrimination lawsuits. They won't have a way of verifying if someone "habitually" wears a turban, either.

They can ask.
I don't know what, if anything, they can do if you say you are Sikh but they suspect you are not though.

O.REG 610
6. (1) A person who is driving a motorcycle or a motor assisted bicycle is not required to comply with subsection 104 (1) of the Act if the person,
(a) holds a valid Class M1, M2 or M driver’s licence;
(b) is 18 years old or older;
(c) practises the Sikh religion;
(d) has unshorn hair; and
(e) habitually wears a turban and, at the time of driving, is wearing a turban.

Just seems like a giant loophole waiting to happen. From my understanding of Sikhism it is open to anyone converting and there is not much of a process involved. How will they know if you are a wearing a turban habitually? Are they going to make people take the turban off to prove they have unshorn hair (but I'm bald!)? roadside Sikhism testing??

I'd really like to see a Pastafarian challenge this by riding with their own religious headgear and fighting any charges in court. What about ladies who wear the hijab? Cops would probably pretend they didn't see anything rather than getting involved in that adventure.

Note: I'm for making your own decision on helmet use and respect the Sikhs for getting this ministerial exemption in on their behalf.

Right arm of the free world.... FN FAL - Wikipedia

No. Its a cumbersome and heavy rifle, especially for armies that recruit teenagers. The Ak-47 is built like a tank but is inaccurate when you fire it, too much recoil, just like the FN FAL, the ideal rifle is the M-16, VERY accurate and light to carry and almost no recoil. But its delicate.

No. Its a cumbersome and heavy rifle, especially for armies that recruit teenagers. The Ak-47 is built like a tank but is inaccurate when you fire it, too much recoil, just like the FN FAL, the ideal rifle is the M-16, VERY accurate and light to carry and almost no recoil. But its delicate.

Okay sweety... Lol.
Theres obviously a generational gap here and perhaps an experiential one as well.

'Having used all three of your examples I would still go with the FN FAL.

Speaking of the FAL as the "right arm of the free world" is more of a political statement than anything else... the AK would be the right arm if the godless "red" commie hoards... The 5.56 Of the Armalite would be the right arm of the US dominated NATO/military industrial/political complex.

Yeah I know... 1983 called.
They want their moustache back
FB_IMG_1559576781493.jpg

I dunno man, looks kinda sexy

I think if there are rules or laws, they should apply to all.

I'm Sikh, and I wear a Turban. Sikhism isn't a religion, its a way of life like Buddhism. The west brand it as a religion.

I don't ride without a full face, and never will. More for wind protection, debris, dust, rocks off roading etc... than anything else. We grew up in Kenya East Africa, my dads been riding since 16 years old, he never wore a helmet then and nor did any East African locals, heck they still don't on roads more risky than ours. Now, you wont see either of us get on a bike without a lid.

I don't get why Sikhs want to ride with their turban flashing their bikes, Sikhism like Buddhism is about letting go of materialism and helping society. Riding around a flashy bike, showing pride, instigating envy, isn't what it is about. The law should apply for everyone, not an exemption. Let people make their own choices, esp adults who know the risks, not just a sect.

I'd really like to see a Pastafarian challenge this by riding with their own religious headgear and fighting any charges in court. What about ladies who wear the hijab?
"White man's guilt" is what causes normally intelligent rational Canadians to let immigrants make exceptions to do stupid things, that not even those immigrants' Canadian born children would even understand. This is as crazy as it gets south of the border.

Back
Top Bottom